“WORST accommodations I have ever stayed at!”

Knights Inn Toronto
Ranked #112 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Kitchener ON
“WORST accommodations I have ever stayed at!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed at hundreds of hotels, motels, inns, and hostels all over the world and this ‘inn’ rates as the lowest in all categories. First off I was embarrassed that this place existed in my country. There was no parking on sight and we had to drive a block away in a fairly ghetto neighborhood where we were asked twice for money and saw about 10 police on bikes.
I had paid for a queen size bed but we slept a double, which they still referred to as a queen. The bed itself left my boyfriend and I with extreme back pain and therefore lost half a night’s sleep. I have never seen my boyfriend in that much pain. The room left much to be desired, a window air conditioner that was very loud. The bathroom was a horrible mess, it was so small that when I, a 5’1’’ women, sat down my knees had to be moved to the side because there was a wall in the way. There was pubic hair all over and mold growing.
I hate being negative so I had tried to see some positive things about the inn, I had observed that each room number also had the number in Braille; I thought that was a nice touch that was until a few seconds later I fell up the stairs, they were uneven and unexpected. One more thing, the breakfast was one colour...white, unless you put jam on the toast to add colour.
This was an extremely disappointing hotel experience for my boyfriend and I. I have absolutely no idea how this hotel has 3 stars. I wish I would have know because I would have paid a few extra dollars for a good night’s sleep. This hotel was so bad that you couldn’t pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

While I suspect they mean well the impression we got reminded me of those who arrived at the movie version. Room had electric extensions everywhere, no curtains and the air con was creating a puddle on the carpet. Apart from the small cockroach I flushed down the toilet the room was pretty clean. The breakfast of tang, brown hot water (I suspect coffee beans MAY have been involved tangentially), white bread and milk bags opened apparently by rats (based on the frayed hole in the bag) was not worth getting up for. The first six interested people for one of the bananas!

Good location given the price but definitely a work in progress. Crashing for the night - good enough. Here for a few days of rnr, aim higher.

• Stayed July 2013

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel rooms should not be located in dirty Toronto hotel basements. A campground would have been more luxurious than staying in this hotel!!

Room #50 in the basement is unbelievable!! We paid for a queen bed and ended up with a double. The tv cable and converter were missing so we couldn't watch tv. There wasn't a single hook to hang anything on in the whole room. The only table in the room was taken up mostly by a tv. The bathroom walls had black marks on them, the shower was mouldy, the ceiling leaked over the toilet so you got dripped on while going to the bathroom, there weren't any hooks to hang your clothes, the lightbulb was burned out, the door didn't fully shut, and the door frame was partially renovated. We opened the blinds to reveal a vent instead of a window. I am not sure how one would escape in a fire.

I barely slept all night because I was afraid the door would get kicked in and we would get murdered in our sleep. Also, the pipes made an unusual sound like a repetitive knocking sound.

Scary, dirty, and depressing experience!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Lisa B
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

For the price, it's a reasonable place to stay. Could use a little TLC in the way of painting or touching up little repairs, but the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable (I like firm mattresses). The bathroom was clean, the shower head was actually nice but low. The room was a bit small, but all we needed was a place to sleep. There's no closet, but it's okay since I don't think it's appropriate for a long term stay.

We didn't get to try breakfast, as it wasn't 'open' until 7am, and if you're needing to be somewhere for 8AM, this is a bit too late. Though the other reviews indicate the breakfast is decent.

We parked at the Green P up the street (5 minute walk) as it's overnight fee is max $4.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rekha314
Oxford, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

The customer service was outstanding, the best received throughout my entire trip.

I was pleasantly surprised with the condition and comfort of the room. Perfectly adequate facilities, clean room and a comfortable night's sleep. The added bonus is downtown Toronto is right on the doorstep.

Thank you Knights Inn for making my stay so warm and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SEFellows
London, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We came into town for a Jays game, we basically pick a hotel on location and cheapest price, so we're not too picky and just need room to crash in after some drinking and a ballgame, concert or night out. Every other hotel near Rogers Centre was $200 or so, we got this for under $100 so can't complain. But I will give an honest review... first of all, the hotel I think he said has 52 rooms... but only 8 parking spots!!! If they're full I guess you park down the road at some lot.... the room suited us fine, although if you come with kids or anything I dunno this is probably not a hotel for you. No perks or anything, not even an Ice machine for guests... which basically only thing I cared for since no fridge. The room is small, we booked a queen size bed, looked more like a double to me, was small. Room had a tiny window unit air conditioner in the wall... would hate to come in winter as they have portable heater in room ??? As seen in my pictures. On the cleanliness side it wasn't bad other than the bathtub was disgusting. Bed was fine, the room is old and worn down, but oh well. flatscreen tv probably the biggest perk, lol. The cont.breakfast was basically a waffle maker, toast or cereal. with OJ and coffee/tea... thats it. They told us Rogers centre a 20-25 min. walk, was actually 40 minutes. And a taxi they said $10-12 was actually $18 cab ride. Front desk person was friendly and helpful though. No problems at check in. Would I stay here again? If I just need a room after a night out and nothing else in same price range then sure... but if I could find something nicer within the vacinity of Rogers Centre or ACC for not too much more I would go elsewhere. This hotel area was nothing great to see or do... down a few side roads and little difficult to find.

Room Tip: only 8 parking spots available, otherwise have to park down the road in a lot