“Could stay there forever!”

Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan Toronto
Ranked #45 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto
Reviewed September 4, 2005

We stayed here for one night over the Labour day Weekend.
I enjoyed my stay very much. The modern apt feel when we walked into our room made us instantly feel at home.
The staff were friendly, and eager to help with dining suggestions and any other requests we had.
granted the hotel is not complete, but you are soo close to everything downtown it doesnt matter at all.

Cant wait to go back when the spa is complete for a week of pampering and relaxation.

NP

• Stayed: September 2005
71  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2005

Your hotel far exceeded our expectations, from the minute we stepped foot in the lobby right through our departure. The room was spotless, relaxing, perfectly decorated and extremely well equipped. We enjoyed the DVD playing in the elevator (great since Iam claustrophobic) as well as the CD playing in our room. We were pleased with everything, your staff, the washer and dryer in the room, the kitchen set up, robes and slippers, flat screen tv, comfortable bed, great breadkast and wow what a sink in the bathroom! Oh, how wonderful and a pleasant surprise to have a real staff person make the wake-up call in the moring, seems that has become a thing of the past.
We want to thank you for having such a great hotel, we can't wait to return when the spa and everything is completed. You have done a great job with this establishment, we will never stay anywhere else !

64  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2005

Wonderful location, staff, decor, amenities, I can't recommend this hotel high enough, from the dream beds, to the modern decor, the friendly, courteous and helpful staff, inroom robes, luxury bath products. flat screen tv's , mini kitchens..............Perfect!

13  Thank pdurbin
Reviewed August 10, 2005

Please avoid this overated cheap condo building. It aims to portray itself as a stylised boutique hotel - yet has the smallest bedrooms in the city. The washer/dryers are larger than the bedrooms. Why so much space is devoted to the kitchen area when there is nowhere to sit in your room or even in the sitting area. The bathroom can only fit 1 person, let alone any toiletries.

Yet the staff think they are working in the ultimate swanky fashion house.

It is clearly designed for long stay corporates, hence the apt condo experience which is not a problem, but don't masquerade as a full service luxury hotel. Clearly it is not.

23  Thank dexcor
Suburban Chicago
Reviewed August 10, 2005

After discovering this website my husband and I chose this hotel based on the reviews on this website. I must say that I was thoroughly disapointed with the product we received... which makes me wonder what all these other people are talking about.

The room was smaller than what I expected, especially the bedroom and the bathroom. I could hardly brush my teeth in the bathroom without hitting my elbows on the walls.

The bathrobes provided were like wearing heavy-duty sandpaper... which is preculiar for a new hotel, perhaps they acquired them used. Needless to say, they were extremely uncomfortable.

I can't imagine how anyone could do business in this place because not only is there a small, poorly lit and designed work desk, it does not have an ergonomic working chair.

I've read so many great reviews about the helpful staff... but my husband and I can't disagree more. The valet was surly and slow, there was NO concierge that either of us could see, perhaps they weren;t on duty the three days, two nights we were there... and the front desk was just ok.. but I've run into more professional and friendly reception agents at Holiday Inns.

All in all, I wonder about the reviews of this place. I was extremely disapointed and will chose to stay elsewhere in the future and I would strongly advise others do the same!

28  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2005

I stayed at this hotel for 23 days. The employees were wonderful in every way. They went out of there way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I was there for medical reasons hence there were days that i was not feeling well at all. Every day however when leaving the hotel at least one of the workers managed to make me smile and made me feel at home.
They were very helpful with giving me information about what to do in Toronto.

My room was nothing less than perfect. Yes i agree with the other reviews that some things were not fully functional when i was staying there ie the resturant, however this was completely clear to me when i was making the reservation.

I am planning on going to Toronto again at the end of the month and i don't want to stay anywhere else other than this hotel.

I too like one of the other reviewers went to the Hilton hotel on my last night and it is true that they had in room dinning however the room itself does not compare to the Cosmopolitan.

Overall i have nothing bad to say about this hotel and if anything i would like to thank them for making my stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you!

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2005

Just returned from a stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Toronto! I have to same that this will be an experience I will never forget. I have stayed at various hotels in Toronto and thought I would give this one a try!

The location is great! Right downtown. But somewhat off the beaten path. The hotel has absoluley no feeling of comfort as you enter the very tiny and unwelcoming lobby. This hotel has no room service and nowhere to eat.

I would certainly not recommend this to anyone! I have stayed at better hotels in the city.

Stayed: August 2005