“One Night Stay”

Ranked #46 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Bowmanville, Canada
“One Night Stay”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

we stayed at the hotel on a Saturday night. We were surprised we were able to check in at noon even though check in was at 3. The room was fine, we didn't use any of the kitchen amenities but the room looked like it could use a good deep clean. The only problem was that we could hear a lot of noise in the hallway throughout the night. The hotel is in a good location close to a lot of things in Toronto. the price was right so we decided to stay there for the night. If you are not super picky this hotel is fine for the price, all you are doing is sleeping and showering anyway.

Room Tip: ask to be in a remote location or you will hear people coming and going all night.
1 Thank Milanist
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Milanist;

Thank you for your wonderful review and detailed comments regarding your stay at the Cosmopolitan Toronto. We value your feedback and, even more, the time and effort devoted to sharing it with us. I have taken note of your comment regarding the sound proofing in our rooms, however due to the layout of our floor plans, this really cannot be avoided unfortunately. I hope that this would not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

We appreciate your sincere review and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I am not a big complainer. I did not make a fuss, in part because I didn't think the room could be as dirty as it was. I also had 2 kids to take care of, and we made it a point to spend the minimum time possible in the room. There are no words to describe how dirty the room was. We stayed in a tranquility suite; I specified when checking in that I had a baby and a toddler with me so I wanted to have a clean and quiet room. I have never been in a hotel room that needed to have the walls painted. Every single wall was scuffed up with scratches and black marks. The door and floor trim were scratched up. There was dust everywhere, and the underside of the kitchen cabinets were splashed with some dirty, brown something. The tiled shower had mold, and we found a two-sided drill bit in the couch. The sofa bed had no sheets, nor were there any in the room. There was so much dust on the blinds, and the glass balcony doors were filthy. There was a nice water feature next to the couch, but it was so dusty that all the pleasure was negated. There was also no sponge to clean dishes despite the suite having a kitchen, and there was laminate flooring in my suite as opposed to the hardwood flooring they claim to have. When I was checking out, I was asked if I enjoyed my stay. I responded that my suite was very dirty; the receptionist kindly reduced my 1 night of valet parking to $20.....from $40! Very poor cleaning standards and lack of follow-up are the only reasons for the poor condition of the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tobias N
Dear Tobias N;

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. We're sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned to our standards, and that the overall condition of the guestroom you stayed in was unacceptable. I am curious to know if you shared your overall concerns with one of the managers in the front office upon your departure from the hotel? It is great to hear that the agent at the desk reduced your parking rate, but from the sounds of your review, this was the least we could do!

Again, thank you for your feedback, and should you wish to share any further details, I would be more than happy to hear from you.

Regards,

Cosmopolitan Hotel
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on Saturday May 31. The staff made my stay really enjoyable. I had a problem in the beginning with our hotel room key pass not working but everyone was really helpful to make sure this problem was resolved quickly. Kelly at the front desk was great

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JessicaP1991
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear JessicaP1991;

Thank you for your wonderful review and detailed comments regarding your stay at the Cosmopolitan Toronto. We value your feedback and, even more, the time and effort devoted to sharing it with us. I am pleased to know that the issue with your room key was taken care of to your satisfaction, as these things do happen, and we try our best to resolve as quickly as possible.

Katonah, New York
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The Cosmopolitan is a trendy hotel located in the financial district of Toronto. It has nice rooms with kitchens. The staff is very attentive.

The health club is small, crowded with equipment and adequate. There is no swimming pool.

The Cosmopolitan includes a good restaurant.

A number of tourist sites are within walking distance.

1 Thank Alan L
Dear Alan L;

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent visit to the Cosmopolitan Hotel. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team and your overall experience. I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Barrie, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Right from the get go, the service was amazing.
Parking valet was so friendly, front desk attendant was very personable. The room was great.
Certainly a great place to stay while in Toronto. So conveniently located.
We certainly enjoyed absolutely everything about our stay.

1 Thank canadamaus
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Hello Canadamaus;

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about your stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you've made our colleagues day with your positive comments! We strive for great service and excellent experiences and to have you share yours with us is very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming on your next trip to Toronto.

Southwick, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 days while vacationing in Toronto. It was central to everything. The rooms were equipped with kitchens and separate bedrooms. We had a great view of Lake Ontario. My only complaint was the linens and lighting. The lighting in the bathrooms was not good for putting on makeup and the linens were not top quality. The bar on the first floor was wonderful. Pleasant atmosphere to enjoy a glass a wine and something to eat. Which we did

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kgck
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear KGCK;

Thank you for your wonderful review and detailed comments regarding your stay at the Cosmopolitan Toronto. We value your feedback and, even more, the time and effort devoted to sharing it with us. I have taken note of your comment regarding the lighting in the washrooms, as well as the fact that our linens are not top quality. We are working on improving our linen quality over the next few months, and hope that this would not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2014

After a really bad experience and review, we were contacted, and offered a free night's stay for an upcoming scheduled appointment for my daughter. Check in was a breeze, and we had some cupcakes waiting for us in our room which made my nervous daughter very happy. We needed a few extra blankets and they were brought up right away. The front desk also called up to ensure that we didn't need anything else. The noise we experienced the last time wasn't an issue this time. There was still construction outside, but I imagine you could ask to be placed away from it. We were up and gone early so it wasn't an issue. Thank you to the Cosmopolitan staff and Chad for reaching out and making it right. This is clearly a manager who cares about the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane K
Dear Diane K.,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay with us. Your feedback is welcome and inspiring for our staff to continue to strive toward providing each and every guest excellent service. It is so nice to know that we've made a visible difference in regards to service, and our room cleanliness since you stayed with us in the fall!

We hope to welcome you back to the Cosmopolitan Hotel Toronto anytime!