“Great location with chic rooms”

Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan
Ranked #46 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Michigan
“Great location with chic rooms”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I most recently stayed that Cosmopolitan in Toronto for a night over Easter weekend. The staff was friendly and efficient, and very helpful! Our room was one of the standard rooms I think, but even then it was bright, chic and comfortable. I really enjoyed having a small kitchenette in the room. I think that is a huge asset to staying in a hotel downtown - sometimes you just don't want to sit in a restaurant and be able to make a nice meal in a cozy setting. This provided just that. I have to say that the only issue was the pay-wifi. If you're paying a premium to stay in a hotel downtown, just give us the wifi!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Randall P, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear C E:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent visit to The Cosmopolitan Hotel. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team and your suite and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

randall.profitt@cosmotoronto.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting Toronto at the end of March for a family wedding. The hotel is in a great central location near the yonge and king underground station. The staff are really fruendly and respond to any calls promptly. The Lotus suite we stayed in was on the 26th floor (only the penthouses above us) the suite was split into three rooms, bed room, living area/kitchenette and bathroom. Nice sized rooms and the contents were mostly good. The suite contained two tv's, kettle, toaster, combi oven thing, hob, dishwasher, washer, dryer, iron, air con heater and several
lamps. The pots and pans were old but clean although we only had two plates, two side plates and one bowl. We did have an issue with various electronic items not getting enough power to operate properly such as hair dryers and hair straighteners, but couldnt resolve this despite changing sockets and adapters.

Overall i would recommend the hotel as the price, location and amenities were exactly what we were looking for but there was room for improvement.

Randall P, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Digivamp:

I very much appreciate that you selected our hotel as your choice for accommodations while attending your family event and am pleased that everything from location, staff friendliness and suite amenities suited your needs so well.

While I welcome your feedback, I regret the issues you had with the electrical service and incomplete place settings. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so that we may fix them and please accept my sincere apologies for your inconvenience.

I am glad that in spite of these issues you would have no hesitation recommending others to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

First I will start off with the bad:
1. no free wifi
2. shower tiles "looked" really dirty. I will never understand why designers continue to use white grout in public washrooms. The grout inevitbly becomes black....and it looks gross. why not just use a darker grout??? Anyway the shower stall looked like it could use a good bleaching and scrubbing.
So, that wasn't bad. Only 2 negative things I could think of.
This hotel is in a great location, walking distance to pretty much everything. Didn't realize when I booked that the room came with a full kitchen, washer/dryer and breakfast. Bed was comfy enough, not the best I've slept in but not the worst, it had a balcony but no view. I wasn't there for the view, so it didn't bother me. And the price was right.
I had booked another hotel at a different time thru hotel.com and when I got to the hotel the lady at the front desk told me to always call the hotel because you can usually get better rates. So this time I did and the difference between the hotel.com and expedia websites compared to the hotel was $38 per night. Always call the hotel directly!!!!!!!
Will I stay here again? If I got a great deal again, for sure!! Otherwise I would like to try a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Randall P, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Lisa R.

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay and for your positive feedback on our great location. I am glad to know that you benefited from the kitchen and washer and dryer and that you appreciated our breakfast offerings.

While at the current time we do charge for internet in the room, I am pleased to note that despite this you still believe you received good value for the money spent during your stay. We are looking into some other internet options for our guests in the near future and we will keep you updated on the progress.

As mentioned in previous responses we are in the process of upgrading our washrooms, but higher occupancies have prevented us from completing them as fast as we would like. We are on track to complete half our inventory by the end of June. The next time you book with us please contact me directly. I would behappy to have you stay in a suite with a renovated bathroom and would look forward to hearing what you think.

Thank you again for your comments.

Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed in the Lotus suite which was fairly comfortable and roomy. Grabbed a March Break getaway deal, so price was also good! Bed was super comfy, and room clean. We enjoyed massages at the spa and were more than pleased with our services. Spa was very tranquil and beautiful, and spa staff were very kind and accomodating. Front desk staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. We walked to the Distillery District from here, and enjoyed a visit to Balzacs coffe house, a must for sure!! Great downtown location, will certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Randall P, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Dana M:

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am thrilled to hear that we were successful in making your stay a memorable one!

I am so glad to hear that you were delighted by your suite and the service you received at our Spa and that you enjoyed both the massages and the peacefulness of the surroundings – I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the Shizen Spa team. They all strive to meet our guests’ needs and we are pleased that they were able to do so for you.

It is also very gratifying to note that our staff at both the Spa and Front Desk made you feel so welcome and well taken care of and that our convenient location allowed you the opportunity to enjoy some of the many great things to see and do in the city. We look forward to recommending other interesting things to experience in the area when we welcome you back in the future .

Warm Regards,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel was not at all what we expected. The location is great, right downtown in a small alley street but then that tells you a lot about the view that you could get. My view was the balcony of the next building less than 3 meters aways, it was terrible and sad! The rooms are ok, nothing extraordinary. It seemed cleaned until we found a dirty sock in one of the drawers. The small living room and the bedroom are together (open space) which means that the tv is positioned between both spaces so it makes it awkward if you try to watch tv while laying on your bed. I your neck is crooked and not very comfortable. The small kitchen has everything you need to cook, very well prepared. I personally did not like the shower because the doors are in glass and the lever to turn the water on is all the way inside the little space so when you turn the water on it automatically falls on you and you are stuck inside the glass doors. The jacuzzi is only opened until 8pm which is not very convenient if you finish work at 6pm, want to have dinner and then go to the jacuzzi...The restaurant was good, the food was very good expect that i went twice and both times there was a mistake in the bill. The breakfast for 16$ was a disaster, the issue is not that it cost 16$ it was that there was no choice. I felt like I was at a hospital cafeteria. Nothing was appetizing, the fruit bowls were always empty, the fruit sushi rolls looked old. The only good thing was the coffee to go. When it came time to check out we were charged for a bag of popcorn which we had never had! They were able to fix the issue. We requested a taxi and 1st they wanted us to take a taxi with a fixed rate that did not make sense to us, it was way higher than what we had paid the day before and when we did not agree they sent us a regular taxi. We paid almost 20$ less than what we had been quoted by the person at the front desk....Bottom line, I would only go back if all the hotels that I typically go to are all booked and I will make sure to call my own taxi!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Randall P, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear partytime13:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am sorry to learn that you were underwhelmed during your stay. The cleanliness of our guestrooms and overall hotel is very important to us and I am troubled to hear that someone else's item was found in your drawer. I am also very concerned that while you found the location great, the dinner at 8 Wine Bar good and our kitchens well appointed, in other areas you were disappointed with the product and services you received during your stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies. When your schedule allows, would you mind connecting with me to further discuss the details of your stay? I look forward in speaking with you at a time most convenient to your schedule.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel has literally the worst fitness center that I have ever seen in a hotel, this includes hotels that I've stayed in in developing countries. It was about the size of a closet and had one non-working treadmill and a 15 year old elliptical and bike with no air conditioning, towels or water.

Also, the sheets. The probably makes me sound like the princess and the pea, but the sheets on these bed felt like sandpaper. I generally expect a hotel that thinks of itself as 4 star to have non-ikea sheets on their beds.

The whole place was pretty worn and reminded me of something that was maybe considered new and modern in the first dotcom boom of 1999.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joshua U
Randall P, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Josh U:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I would like to apologize for the less-than-satisfactory experiences you had with both our fitness centre and your guest room.

As mentioned in other reviews we are in the process of updating our suites and have included the expansion of our fitness centre as part of this plan. While some of our guestrooms have been renovated, we do realize that some are still in need of updating.

For your next stay we would like to ensure that you receive a guestroom that exceeds your expectations. Please contact me directly to book your next reservation and I will ensure that you receive one of our renovated guestrooms.

Thank you once again for providing us with your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've stayed here before and managed to get a great deal through a flash sale they sent through e-mail. As mentioned by other contributors the bathroom tiles were pretty grimy in past visits but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had been renovated in my suite. This hotel is ideally located within walking distance to many attractions with Union Station being only a five minute walk away and subway access across the street. We stayed in the Lotus Suite which was very roomy and generally clean apart from some dust accumulated on the shelves. The bed was one of the comfiest I've ever slept in and we both got a great nights rest. The staff here are helpful and also very knowledgeable if you're looking for a place to eat. My biggest complaint was after my stay. I had left a camera charger in the room and when I e-mailed the hotel I received no response. I called the hotel after five days when I was back in town and still wasn't able to resolve this until the following day. Despite this I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The Zen suite is pretty small but will do if you're just staying the one night, otherwise book a...