“Not a clean place!”

Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan Toronto
Ranked #45 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed for two nights. Rooms seemed ok at first until you got to the details. I found hairs is multiple location (bathroom, floor, bedroom, etc) not nice at all. Also it looked like the place had not been dusted in months. Worst was the shower tiles that were originally white but now have ample black patches of fungus. The cherry on the pie was when I got back from work and found that the room had not been cleand. I will most likely not be staying there again and recommend that you do the same.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Alfizspm
Randall P, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Alfizspm:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Cosmopolitan Hotel.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for your accommodations experience – the room issues you identified are totally unacceptable. Exceptional service is what we strive for here and I am disappointed that you were provided with a suite that was clearly not maintained and serviced to our standards. Your valuable information has been communicated to our Director of Housekeeping who has investigated the matter to ensure this is prevented in the future.

I would hope that you would reconsider and give us another opportunity to demonstrate to you our commitment to service and not allow this occurrence to deter you from returning. I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me directly to discuss your stay.

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 10 days, in the most basic room. Having said this it was comfortable with enough space for us, with kitchen and hallway etc. biggest problem for us was closet space ad of is a city hotel and does not really cater for a stat of this length. Nice to have the extras of a newspaper delivers free each day and also the incense. We did not have a great view on the 15th (13th) floor, I would have liked to have been higher up and to have seen the CN tower but it was a quiet place overlooking a court yard.

• Stayed: August 2012
Randall P, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Tandemania:

First of all I wanted to say thank-you to you for selecting our hotel as your “home away from home” during your 10 day visit to Toronto. Your patronage is very much appreciated.

While I am pleased you found the suite clean and comfortable and enjoyed the daily free newspaper delivery and incense, I wish we had learned of your desire for a higher floor and larger suite. As said in the previous post we do have a number of suite layouts and I am sure that at some point during your stay we could have moved you to a higher floor. We do have some amazing views of the city on the higher levels and try to make an effort for those touring Toronto to get these views if at all possible.

Thank-you for taking the time to review the Cosmopolitan Hotel.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is that it is in a great location. It is just around the block from the King subway station, walking distance to Union Station & the Eaton Centre. The hotel tries to be very "zen". Actually, the suites are the size of a shoe box. My suite did not have a bath, only a shower. The kitchen is poorly stocked - and it is virtually impossible to get any kitchen linens. If you want to make your own meals plan to bring the implements you need. There is a little fake waterfall (water torture) which is supposed to relax you I think, but mine set off an alarm just past midnight and the front desk told me the maintenance staff were off duty. I finally managed with the front desk clerk to unplug the thing, but my restful night was shot. It is really nice though to find a washer/dryer in the suite.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mrs Sweet Pea:

Thank you for your review!

I apologize we did not exceed your expectations during your stay and for the noise disturbance encountered due to the fountain in your suite. My understanding from the staff member who assisted you was that the water in the fountain had run dry causing the water pump to make noise. We will be sure to advise our guests in the future that the fountain should not be left running indefinitely and be clearer on the location of the fountain switch.

While a hotel room with a kitchen is a rare bonus I agree with you that to be of a real benefit it needs to be well stocked. Based on your feedback regarding the kitchen supplies we will be creating a gourmet kitchen package for those guests who will be doing more than basic cooking in their suite.

I am pleased you found our downtown location convenient and that the washer and dryer were of benefit to you. On your return visit to Toronto I would very much appreciate if you would contact me directly to make your reservation at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. We do have 5 different suite layouts of various sizes and with bathtubs as opposed to showers and I feel together we will be able to find one that best suits your needs.

One again thank-you for taking the time to share your comments!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel is right downtown. We walked to the open market and then to the island and back. Bianca at the front desk was bubbly and made us feel at home. She helped give us directions to where we wanted to go and was always smiling. The other gentleman's name who was so helpful was either Yuget or Getyu. I think it was Getyu, anyways extremely helpful, going out of his way, Also loved loved the washer/dryer in the unit.

Room Tip: Ask for a view - ours was too low to have one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Marianne H.

Thank-you for taking the time to review the Cosmopolitan Hotel and giving such positive feedback about the spaciousness of the suites and the service you received from Getu and Bianca. It is always gratifying to learn that our associates have made our guests feel welcome and attended to. Your kind words will go a long way to motivating them in their guest service efforts in the future. I am also pleased you were able to benefit from the in suite washer and dryer during your stae.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cosmopolitan Hotel in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We got a good deal on this hotel through a budget booking company, otherwise it would have been above our usual price range.

The hotel is excellent. The location is perfect for exploring Toronto, the staff were helpful and the room was huge and lovely, with an amazing bathroom, a kitchen area, a comfortable big bed and a great balcony.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Randall P, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Friendlytraveller12:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other Tripadvisor readers.

I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and am particularly pleased that you found our hotel associates helpful and that the suite exceeded your expectations – it is clear that based on the number of positive comments we get that our beds are a “hit” with a lot of your fellow travellers!! I am also glad that our central location allowed you to get the most out of your time spent in Toronto.

Our team makes a great effort to ensure the best value in downtown Toronto and I appreciate your feedback. If I can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Cosmopolitan was recommended by a business colleague who stays there all the time. I agree that rates are way out line. I booked a room for $175, but it was smoking so had to change and they said only availability was a suite, so ended up paying over $200 for the room. Not worth the price for a one night stay. Was told that internet access would cost $12/day. No bathtub, only a shower. Bottled water cost $7. Mini-bar stocked only full bottles of wine for $36.... Thankfully, I was able to make a cup of tea gratis. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank borealgirl

Dear borealgirl:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Toronto. Reading your review my sense is other than the the lack of a bathtub in your suite you had no issues with the quality of the suite or service you received, but only the cost of the room and services we provide. I must admit that it is doubly disappointing when a guest is sent to us based on a recommendation of one of our repeat guests and then the experience does not match expectation – it is like we have let you both down!

I would hope you would reconsider staying with us again. We are in the process of adjusting our mini bar pricing and are offering items that we feel today’s guest will better enjoy. While I believe that based on our location in the heart of the city and the size and amenities of our suites our rates are fair, I do appreciate your feedback. As mentioned in a previous post, if you can be at all flexible at all in your travel plans or book further out this will allow you to adjust your stay around less peak periods enabling us to offer you more suite choices - like suites with bathtubs instead of showers for a similar or better rate.

Thank-you for staying with us and should you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

First of all I found a room on hotels.com and I took the last available room and paid the same amount as on the cosmopolitan website forbthe zen suite. 2days before the day of my stay I checked the cosmopolitan website again out of curiousity and found extra rooms available but something told me to call guest services before I cancelled through hotels.com and rebooked. When I called the woman said that no the rooms are all booked sometimes on the website when they are doing inventory the website shows room availabilty she told me if I did cancel my reservation to rebook they would not have had a room for us... how is that possible? The woman had no idea that the website was showing avaiable room she told me she will get the website up to date and thanked me for calling. First of all she did not even offer a free breakfast out of gratitude of my phone call. If I had not called and I did cancel my reservation to rebook at lotua instead of a zen who knows what complications I would have had to deal with. The zen suite is way to pricey for wat u get. $250 for a ting kitchen with no oven just a stove top microwave and a very small fridge filled with overly priced drinks. The bedroom was a descent size with a walkout balcony(which zen suites do not come with we had it because it was a corner suite). I was very disapponited at first mostly because I paid less at One King West hotel and I had a living room in that suite with a kitchen as well. The cosmo suite was way too much money for what you get and we were on the 11th floor so the view did not make up for the cost of the room I could see right into peoples offices and could make out the colour of their clothes and hair. I will not be returning to this hotel. Only good thing were the pillows and the mattress. All those windows would have been great if the people across in the buildings wouldnt be able to see me wink.

• Stayed: September 2012
Randall P, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear panopso9:

Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit to the Cosmopolitan Hotel, Toronto. We value each and every guest interaction and comment, as we know that you have a choice when deciding where to stay while in Toronto. First let me thank you for the compliments on the comfort of our beds and pillows - this seems to be a comment that many of the reviewers on this web site agree with!

I certainly empathize with your frustration over securing accommodations that meet your needs and budget during peak demand periods of the year. Like most hotels our suites are sold through various channels besides our own in house reservations. As these channels accept bookings on our behalf the rooms are removed for sale from our reservations system and our own website. By the same token had you made the decision to cancel your reservation that room would have been returned to us to sell. On high demand periods like the date you stayed the suite would have resold immediately so that even though you may have seen it on our website until you actually have completed the online booking and received a confirmation you do not necessarily have access to what you see available on line. Having said this you did everything the savvy traveller should do and called the hotel directly and verified suite availability before making your decision not to cancel.

I would hope you would reconsider staying with us again. If you can be flexible at all in your future travel plans or book further out this will allow you to adjust your stay around less peak periods. This would give us more flexibility to offer you suite alternatives including higher floors and larger floor plans for a similar or better rate.

Should you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.