“Amazing wedding night” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing wedding night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

At first i was not sure about the reviews some people wrote about this hotel well i gave it i try and i'm sorry but i had such an amazing time such first class costumer service bed was comfortable room was edgy classy relaxing balcony kitchen etc. an order of a bottle of champaign .....perfect for my wedding night!

Now i plan to go back but this time spa and hotel loved this hotel thank you for making my day memorable :)

Thania

Room Tip: deluxe suite
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank angelmode11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

The hotel's location, just off the happening King and Yong Street and a 2 minute walk from the nearest metro station, is great. Inside, once I had navigated beyond the pint-sized lobby and reception area, the room with a built-in kitchenette was elegantly done up and really aesthetic. The incense sticks add to the zen like feeling it generated but the view from the windows, the back of another building spoilt the effect. The service is rather poor for a 4-star hotel and those manning the reception were either put off by my appearance or seemed to prefer other guests. The buffet breakfast at the poky little restaurant was a disaster. Afer waiting around an eternity for my eggs to come, I just went to the much more friendly Under the Over, just across the street from the next day on. There are some nice things about this hotel but the poor service of the staff left such a poor taste in my mouth that I wouldn't go back in a hurry particularly since there are much better hotels in the vicinity.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank SundeepK
Marketingmgmt, General Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Hello SundeepK - thank you for taking time to write to us regarding your stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities such as the European kitchenette. Our goal is to have all guests feel right at home! Our hotel is also known for its "Zen" like atmosphere - so the incense sticks found in your room are there to enhance this theme and welcome all guests with a "calming" tone. The time of your stay highlights that you visited the Cosmo in June 2010 and we only received your feedback 11 months later. Our advice is to provide us with feedback sooner then later since there have been many POSITIVE changes in the past year. Our hotel leaders work very hard at providing our staff with the best hands-on experience and training in order to ensure the best customer service in downtown Toronto. Breakfast also takes place at “Eight Wne Bar” where “Continental breakfast” is served and does not include eggs. If you are referring to room service, then yes we do serve eggs and apologize if there was a wait. We hope that this explanation clarifies all of your concerns and apologize for all the trouble. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Best regards, Mark Schwass.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

we stayed 2 nights during Easter weekend 2011 and it was good; hotel staff were courteous and friendly; room was nice as advertised

it's a small hotel and 'a bit' tacky with the lighting and decoration (especially the 'zen music' and pretentious magazines) and the 'zen atmosphere' that they're trying to set - seems like they're trying too hard... time to loose the colour lighting... not zen at all - just cheesy... the elevator rides feel creepy... like something you see in an amusement park; other than that, we'd stay there again; we were pleased with the cleanliness of the suite but it was not perfect - they could improve in this department... looks like a rush cleaning job

just one tip for those arriving with a vehicle - we don't like valet parking (i.e. relying on other people to drive our cars in and out of garage - just a hassle) so we looked for an indoor parking place near by and found a nice underground public parking place at 37 Colborne street (just one block from the hotel, on the same street; 2 minutes walk) using "parkopedia.com" - weekend and holiday parking was only 8 dollars a night, so it costed us only 24 dollars to park from Friday afternoon to Monday morning; daily is around $25; all with unlimited in/out privilege

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Trip Advisor Guest, thank you for your review! We appreciate all of your feedback. The Cosmopolitan Hotel is known for its intimacy and “Urban Zen”- which is the reason why there are a number of “Zen-like” items such as soothing music and dimmed lighting throughout the hotel. These are the pieces that play a relaxing role in the Cosmo experience; the goal is to have all guests have a relaxing and serene stay! As for parking, our lifestyle specialists (front desk agents) are available to assist with any questions - they are able to find the best parking options and assist with any travel requests. We hope that this explanation has clarified any questions or comments you had about the Cosmopolitan and hope to have you back in the near future. If you have any further feedback you would like to share with myself, please feel free to contact me directly. Best regards, Mark Schwass.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

Started off my $99.00 a night booking turned into over $350.00 a night....thank god I only booked one night!...I don't mind spending the money if its worth it!
Entire room was smaller than my own bedroom.....the whole thing they are trying to portray as being a Zen hotel.......ha.....nice try.....the aurora is stagnant.....the service stinks and the food from Eight was terrible.
Second night I went to a four star......slept and ate like a queen....and spent less!?....?....Should have listened to the reviews I had read previously.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank staceylee1
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed in a small studio suite (government rate which generally means the least desirable room in a hotel). I really appreciated some aspects: a nice little kitchen, housekeeping ran the dishwasher every day and re-stocked amenities, wood floors, nice shower. The hotel is situated in a high rise building on a side street but is very close to the St. Lawerence Market and has easy access to all downtown neighbourhoods and the Eaton Centre. Some drawbacks: could only watch TV from a small arm chair - no couch and could not see TV from the bed, no tub to soak in. The bed was fine but there was something odd about the bedding, it didn't fit the bed properly and I had to continually re-make it myself. Oddly, housekeeping but did not put the ironing board and iron away. It was an efficient little space but not really comfortable. I am a frequent business traveller but somehow couldn't quite feel at home here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mschwass, General Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Dear CAGOttawa_Canada:

Thank you for posting comments about your recent stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel Toronto.

As you note, our location and room layout are true strengths.

I have followed up with our housekeeping department, based on your comment re. the iron and board. Daily those items should have been returned to the closet and stored properly, we missed that during your stay unfortunately.

Thank you for sharing your comments and I hope to see you soon should your travels bring you back to Toronto.
hamilton,ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

Me and my boyfriend have stayed at this hotel many times before. We decided to stay over the valentines weekend for our 5 year anniversary.
So first off:
The rooms are great ,but they have started to lack in quality since the first time staying , such as:
+every room used to have an air purifier, I noticed they got rid of that.
+ the room we booked said it would have 2-,27 inch T.V's (I know that sounds excessive but I needed my glasses to see the the only T.V in the room so that kinda sucked)
+ Now EVERYTIME we go anywhere we put the tag on the door, so that they DO NOT come in the room, we don't want our room cleaned ever or people near our stuff. So we put the tag on the door and went out for the day, when we got back it seemed our room was half cleaned..bed was made, new towels-but old towels were left, and house coats still pilled in the room.
+ When we went out on the saturday night suddenly my boyfriends car that was taken by the valet the night before has a completely new noise to it (like a broken coil). Those can happen anytime, but it definitely wasn't making that noise on our hour drive in, so it was just kinda weird.
+When we came back to the hotel on saturday night, ( we had decided to come back to eight bar- so he can have a drink) when we walked up to the bar , it was packed and there was a great dance flood happening- Problem was it was a PRIVATE party on the saturday of valentines weekend. That sucked.
so we went to our room on floor 9 Room 905 and could hear the music from the dance floor until around 2 am . so we couldn't enjoy the club ,only be annoyed by it.
+ lastly when checking out I told the man that last time they billed us they messed up and charged us for breakfast (which comes with the CAA package)...he said don't worry its covered- then handed us a bill with $33 parking. I had to point out (like every time I have stayed there) that with the CAA package it says parking is discounted rate of $20. he then said "oh the promos over, is that still up on the site" <--- and yeah I think it has been since we first stayed here like 4 years ago.

anyway. bad stay. I don't think we will stay here again. maybe their sister hotel the Pantages (if that's still all right - the rooms were way bigger anyway and its closer to the mall)
P.S for anyone thinking about going in the Spa hot tub its $15 per day.
the kitchenettes are good, and theres no free WIFI.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tankgirl243
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

Short and sweet......nice hotel....but on a 2 day stay we were charged 516 dollars in unexplained charges!!!! I will follow up on this but left because no one could explain. I work in a company of 5000 in Niagara Falls and will do my best to let as many as I can know about this. DISGUSTED and in shock still. Can not figure what we were charged for. We only had 4 pops and one water so no idea. First nite maid walked in without knocking as well I dont need to explain what we were doing but shocked us. Then next nite Wine Bar closed...on VALENTINE WEEKEND!!! Great thinking on the food and beverage department for this. So more money to cabs since we had no choice but to leave.
Just terrible overall and in shock.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank vncforte19
mschwass, General Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
dear vncefort19

Thank you for your feedback. I have reviewed your account which indicates the $516 of charges was arrived at with 2 nights stay, parking for 2 days, taxes and an evian water. I don't see any other charges on the folio.

please advise if I can further clarify the charges or be of help to answer any questions.

m schwass