“Flashdance at Ed Mirvish”
Review of Ed Mirvish Theatre

Ed Mirvish Theatre
Ranked #14 of 511 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Ed Mirvish Theatre began its life in 1920 as a combination vaudeville and motion picture theatre in the Pantages theatre circuit. With its original 3373 seats, it was the largest cinema in Canada and, with its lavish interior - designed by the great theatre architect Thomas Lamb - the most elegant. David Mirvish officially renamed the iconic building The Ed Mirvish Theatre on December 6, 2011.
Glasgow
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Flashdance at Ed Mirvish”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We saw Flashdance at Ed Mirvish and we had a great time. This theatre looks nothing from the outside, but it's beautiful inside and very comfortable.

Visited June 2014

Barrie, Canada
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Very Good Show”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I enjoyed this play very much although the Lion looked a little similar to the costume "CATS" I thought. lol. I found it a bit odd that people were snacking on popcorn and drinks. It sort of felt like I was at a baseball game, not a fancy theatre show. I admit, this was my first Toronto Theatre experience. I guess I was expecting Broadway.
We drove from Barrie and arrived early so was lucky enough to find parking across the street but after the show was over, it was very difficult to leave the parking lot. Someone had parked right in the centre of the parking lot, not even in a space. He had blocked a few people in. It took quite a while to get out of there. If I ever come back, I'll be sure to take the Go train and cab it.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank 2Wonderland
Grand Island, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Not a bad seat”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had center 6th row and they were perfect seats but walking around after it looked like all of the seats were excellent

Visited June 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“So many Toronto theatres, so little time. Thank you Ed”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The Ed Mirvish is another classic Toronto theatre. I don't like comparing any of them to Broadway, since Toronto has premiered many shows in North America, even before going to Broadway.

In the heart of the entertainment district, it's close to great pre-show dining, public transportation ( we take taxis there) and after, great post-show dining.

Whatever is playing, go see it. I won't review the play we saw, since you're also going to the Ed Mirvish Theatre, as much as the play. You won't be disappointed since their productions are always tops.

Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ed Mirvish Theatre”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The shows are awesome, but the person who approved selling popcorn in the theatre should be fired! You will be listening to people behind you loudly chewing popcorn during the show. When they are finished the people beside you will start. I don't appreciate paying $130 for that! It makes Toronto low class uncultured city. I was very disappointed with people who cheapen the theatre experience with such behavior.

Visited May 2014