“A home away from home!”

Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Ranked #50 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 2, 2013

A quiet airport hotel suitable for extended stay and with all the in home conveniences! It was evidently run by friendly and cordial staff the moment we checked in. While we are near the airport but we were not bothered by the expected noise of the air traffic.
The suite is clean and comfortable and even a bag of microwave ready popcorn await! The bathroom is spotless and suitable for a bath if one wishes! A place we will likely visit again...did I mention that they serve a hot breakfast the next morning also?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Tsangs53,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Toronto Airport. We hope you have a chance to stay with us again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Toronto Airport

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Have stayed here a number of times now. Last expereince was very different than i remember - I could have been on a higher floor or maybe a different part of the hotel? Or maybe they have changed the flight path to be closer to the hotel? Either way, the plane noise was unbelievably loud on this stay - felt like the plane was flying directly over our room. Room is ok - probably lower end Residence Inn. Breakfast is typical. Oh and for the first time I epxerienced it, they now charge $10 a night for on-site parking. I mean seriously? You're the Residence inn - parking is everywhere. But gee thanks for the free welcome cookies because I am a silver elite member - how about you keep the cookies and bring back the free parking on-site? Seemed like a really odd way to juice the bill. I would have been happier paying a slightly higher rate then be taken for at extra $10 on parking as a separate charge

So all in all after probably about 15 nights at this property i'm on to the next one I guess...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear broncotraveller,
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. The hotel is conveniently located near the airport and it may have been a change in flight path at the airport during your stay. This experience very seldom happened base on the numerous feedback we received from other guests.

Our overnight parking fee is one of the lowest a traveler can find near Toronto airport and it is not included it on the room rate to provide all guests the opportunity to save when they do not require the parking facility.

We hope you reconsider staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport as we value your opinion.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were three ladies travelling on business. The room was perfect we had a table to sit at and read our cards and also enjoy a glass of wine. The two room two bathroom suite was perfect for the three of us. It was a great size and although we didn't use the kitchen it was a nice touch. We chose this hotel based on a conference we were attending at the congress centre. The weather was nice enough we walked back and forth. The staff were great and the breakfast and the free Wi-Fi and parking was an unbelievable bonus. Our only issue and we didn't realize to will we literally checking to ensure we had all our belongings that we found perhaps our room wasn't as clean as we thought....we found a dirty sock behind our bedroom door and a cell phone jack from the previous owner still plugged into the wall. We would definitely stay here next year when we attend again.

Room Tip: if your travelling with more then one person the suite was ideal
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear lovetorunallthetime,
We are glad that you plan to stay at the Residence Inn Toronto Airport again next year. Thank you for sharing your experience as this will help us improve our performance.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This place never fails to disappoint....
I stay there anytime I can when I am in the area...
The rooms are clean, the amenities are perfect, the set up is exactly what you need when you are away from home.
The front desk staff are always ready to help make your stay perfect..
This is my favourite place to stay!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Jendaniels,
Thank you for making the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport your favorite place to stay.

General Manager.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Was layed over by Air Canada, the shuttle service "doesn't exist". We waited 45 minutes and finally decided on a cab. 21$ for 2 blocks... Room was basic but clean. The ameneties for someone spending a week on business are ok, as you have a kitchenette in the room. Plenty of good restaurants 5 minutes away is a plus.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Bonnydoon,
Thank you for your review. Our 24 hours / 7 days a week airport shuttle is on an on-call basis. By dialing our toll free # 1-888-798-2977 you will be connected to a Guest Service Agent who will inform you of the pick-up post / location and the approximate time that the shuttle driver will arrive. I regret to hear that the Airline representative was not able to advise you of this information.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn Toronto Airport for one night. Having Gold Marriott rewards status I was upgraded to a wonderful two bedroom two bath suite, with a fireplace! The suite was so cozy and comfortable, sparkling clean, with a full kitchen, regular size stove and fridge, microwave, a small dining table, everything one could need. Beds were the nice Marriott ones, very comfortable, and the room was very quiet, didn't hear anything from neighbors even though there was a kids hockey team staying at the hotel.

When I arrived I was directed to the happy hour which happened to be BBQ night, so there were hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, pasta salad, all the dressings needed. The hot dogs were really good! There were also several juice selections in a machine, and there was beer and wine available for purchase (I think around 5$ each). The hotel has a schedule for happy nights posted on the fridge in the rooms, and I noticed other nights were Mexican themed, 'Tuned in' (don't know what that means), so the food is different every night. The happy hour is from 6pm to 7h30 pm from Monday to Thursday.
Breakfast was again very good, with scrambled eggs, potato pancakes, canadian bacon (not the regular one), pastries, cereals, yogurt, fruit, milk, coffee, etc and everyhting was good. The staff was friendly and polite, smiling and seemed genuinely caring. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Montreal_Traveller09,
Thank you for recommending the hotel and being a loyal Marriott Rewards member. We hope you will stay again at the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport next time you are in Toronto.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is the first time I stayed in a Residence Inn outside of the US. It matches up to my standards in various ways (in no particular order).
1. The room is very clean.
2. The staff is very pleasant and helpful.
3. Breakfast and happy hours (happy hours: mondays through Thursdays) are good. There are a variety of foods and drinks (juices, milk, coffee, tea) at breakfast. There are different themes at happy hours, such as sports, Italian etc.
4. There is a laundry room for customers to use.
5. The room has a oven, dish washer, cups, plates, utensils etc.
6. The free Internet service in the room is lightning fast. I've stayed at other Residence Inn in the States where the Internet is like SLLLOOOWWW. But not this one. I'm amazed as to how fast the Internet speed is.
7. Flat panel tvs. There's a channel where you can watch Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) news in the morning, i.e. if you're interested. I'm not sure if there are other foreign language programmings at other times of the day.
8. Free pick up from and to the airport. The hotel has a toll free number (go to the hotel's website and you'll find the number there). Call from the airport after you've arrived and picked up your luggage. There's one very important thing to note though. There are quite a few Marriott branded hotels in the area (courtyard, regular Marriott). I made a mistake of getting on the wrong bus. (Make certain you get on the one that says Residence Inn). I was to walk from Marriott to the Residence Inn (not that far). The nice driver offered to take me there.
9. Maybe I got lucky. I didn't hear any plane at all in my room.

The only gripe (if I must find one) about the hotel is the location. It's very close to the airport, but you do need to rent a car or have your own car to go places.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear OregonTraveler99,

Thank you for taking the time to share in detail your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport. We are glad that you consider the hotel your home away from home.

Gina Villanueva

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#74 of 137 in Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Residence Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!