“Nice for long stays”

Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Ranked #50 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel for large stays, breakfast included is always different and they always have a cocktail in the afternoon! nice and confy rooms
They are not like the Marriott but nice with everything inside to help yourself
Awesome if your work is going to be in the building next door. Pearson center

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank kenys
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Kenys,

Thank you for your review and we hope you will stay again at the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport next time you are in Toronto.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at Residence Inns throughout North America, but his one foes not measure up to the usual standard of Residence Inn. The suite was incredibly small. The kitchen was badly equipped and had no oven, although it was listed as having one. The ice maker was incredibly loud, often competing with the planes passing by landing at the airport. It was impossible to control the room temperature - a common compliant from speaking with other guests - and since no windows opened, we sweltered in the over-heated and dry room. We stayed in the suite for four nights - three of those nights the halls and elevators were taken over by running, screaming children. To be fair, the hotel tried to keep it quiet, but they were unsuccessful for the most part. Finally, the sofa bed in the living room had a very sub-standard, uncomfortable mattress. The Marriott downtown on Yonge Street is far better equiped and run.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Larry M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that your stay left a poor impression. I have discussed your review with our team to find ways to improve based on your comments. A suite with full oven can be requested so please mention your preference during reservation.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night before catching an early flight. It was a nice clean suite, beds were comfortable, bathroom was fine, functional kitchenette. Appreciated that the crib was set up prior to our arrival. A simple quiet hotel - no porters, no bar, quick check in and out (there are luggage trolleys available). The included hot/cold breakfast was good, and included the option to take food away which is really nice. You book the courtesy shuttle when you check in, and it left on-time. I believe it left every half hour. They had information in the room about ordering groceries that they would deliver to your room which is a nice idea. All in all, a very good place to stay when you want to be close to the airport and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cangirl_10
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Cangirl_10,
I am glad you had a great experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Residence Inn Marriott @ Toronto Airport is perfect hotel stay for the business traveler who want stay closer to Pearson Airport. This hotel well connected to 401 major highway in Onatrio. Also Toronto Downtown, Mississagua is not too far. (Few mins drive).

Hotel condition is well maintained, nice and specious rooms. Cleaning and room service are decent. Most of the suites has complete kitchen, hence anyone would like to cook while during long stay that makes decision to stay perfect. Although hotel serves complimentary breakfast with good variety and it also serve evening snacks for free - mostly has good continental style.

Good swimming pool and Jacuzzi for the perfect rest moments. Gymnasium is decent for short workout.

Overall hotel is perfect for the long stays.

Room Tip: Select 1 kingsize bedroom if you alone.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Datta_25,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here before taking a morning flight out of yyz. Booked a one bedroom suite for 3 of us.

Check in was friendly and efficient. Parking was an annoying hassle - since we didn't have too much luggage we parked the car and walked to the front desk to check in, only to find out that we had to put a parking tag on our dashboard so had to go back out into the freezing cold again.

Room was set up exactly as we had requested. Room a bit small - small table with only 2 chairs for three of us. Lots of towels but it appears housekeeping had recycled shampoo left by the last guest as the one bottle we had was only half full. Other than that room was very clean.

We didn't use the fitness room - it was very small with a couple of treadmills, a recumbent bike and some free weights I believe. The pool and hot tub area were very nice. The pool gets 5 stars because not only was it very clean, but it was actually warm enough that our swim was a real joy (so many hotel pools are cold).

Breakfast was the usual Residence Inn mix of hot and cold - very good to get you going for the day.

I was aware of the charge for parking (I believe $10) when I booked, but I do believe this charge is a rip off. This is the airport area, where land really is not at a premium. I can see paying to park if we leave our car there while on vacation, but I believe parking should be included in the price of the room. By not including it and adding it on after, some people may be surprised that their room is costing $10 more a night than they expected. Yes, it's their fault for not checking first, but ultimately there really is no reason for this parking charge. I considered giving this hotel only 3 stars for this reason.

ktown

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear ktownavillr.
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed our pool and breakfast. With regards to the room, I will discuss your comments with the team regarding the shampoo to ensure that they replenish accordingly. On your next visit, please let us know if you require a third chair as we will be more than happy to deliver it to your room. For the parking, I apologize for the inconvenience of having you go back to the car. The parking pass on the dashboard is necessary for us to monitor the vehicles at the parking lot. While parking fee is an added expense for the guests with vehicles, it is the lowest rate in the area from the last time we checked. The minimal fee was set as we have to consider the maintenance cost to have the parking facility available to every guest that requires it.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Most practical hotel I've stayed in. It was quiet and well layed out. Only downside, the over-aggressive cleaning ladies. I was staying there for 6 weeks and was pressured nearly everyday to have my room cleaned. With having the room clean, I expect some of my things to be moved around, but when I came back and saw that my toothbrush which I usually kept in a glass by the sink was resting on the counter-top, I refused to let them in anymore. The hotel was in an alright location considering it's in Etobicoke. Overall enjoyed my stay minus the housekeeping. I would recommend it to others but advise that they refuse housekeeping, no matter how much they peer pressure and guilt you - which they will. No means no!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Movinmoe,
Thank you for your review. I am surprised of your experience with the cleaning of your room. We take pride in having a very detailed cleaning procedure to ensure that we do not re-arrange guest belongings. We have discussed your comments with the Housekeeping team to ensure that they understand the importance of your concern. I would appreciate if I can discuss this further with you to get more details so I can address this with the team member in-charge of your room. My telephone number is 416-623-2530 or your can send me an email at gvillanueva@residenceinntorontoairport.com. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My girlfriends and I had made an annual shopping trip to Toronto during Thanksgiving weekend for several years and after an 8-year hiatus, we resumed the tradition this year. We could not get our usual accommodations downtown (Marriott Courtyard) due to the city hosting the Grey Cup this year, so we were forced to the outskirts of town. I was skeptical of booking a hotel at the airport due to noise concerns and because generally the vicinity around airports has little diversity in shopping, restaurants, etc., but we got a decent rate for a 2-bedroom suite, and were told that commuting to the downtown area would be easy, so we took a chance, and I'm glad we did.
Let me say that in general I have found Toronto residents to be very friendly, and the employees at this establishment did not disappoint. Housekeeping kept the spacious suite spotless, and my only suggestion would be to empty the ice maker bin after each party's departure; when we arrived the bin was full of "old" ice - just a pet peeve of mine. Although we did not use the indoor pool/hot tub, our suite overlooked the area, and it was a good size for a hotel, especially an airport location. Front desk staff was extremely helpful with restauraunt and travel recommendations. We drove up from Ohio, so the suggestion of parking at the mall which was located next to the subway station was very convenient, and saved us in parking fees.
Not much in the way of selection for eating within walking distance to the hotel, but a short drive reveals a good variety of North American chains as well as ethnic (especially Indian) choices. Although we spent much of our time re-visiting and discovering eateries downtown, we were pleasantly surprised to find entertainment options in this area as well. In particular, an extensive (indoor) flea market, the Mandarin restaurant chain, and major casino, complete with a horse track are all within about five miles of the hotel. After getting over our initial sticker shock (the last time we traveled to Canada the U.S. dollar was on top, so Canada's HIGH tax rate was not such a big deal) we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and were so impressed with the Residence Inn (absolutely no noise interference with sleeping) and the surrounding vicinity that we will probably stay here when we return to Toronto instead of the downtown area - at the very least, we'll rotate locations.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank w0rks2travel

Dear w0rks2travel.
Thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us. I am impress with your several discoveries of places to go while you were here for a short time period. I hope I will have a chance to meet up with you on your next visit here.

Gina Villanueva- General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport
Westin Toronto Airport
#65 of 137 in Toronto

Been to Residence Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!