“Excellent Value and Stay”

Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Ranked #50 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here for Business. Excellent front desk staff. Very pleasant and you could tell they are trained to greet you as you enter and leave the hotel. Very nice. Room was clean and Spacious with all the ameneties you would and could need.
Hall way carpet a tiny bit dirty and not really worth mentioning.
Bathroom clean.
Kitchen area very clean.
Breakfast was good, eggs so so. but ok.
Standard full breakfast.
Free newspaper nice touch.
I didn't have to pay the parking fee so I can't complain about that.
The gym, that is the downside to this hotel. I wanted to use the gym and did 1 day. The eliptical machine is a SAFETY HAZZARD. I sprained my ankle as soon as I got on it. The foot pedals are very loose and wobble side to side.
Adequate wieghts could have used double the wieght though.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gunth
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Gunth,
I am glad that you find the Residence Inn Toronto Airport an excellent value and stay. Our Front Desk team will be excited to read about your impression of their performance. On the other note, we are currently assessing the gym equipments of the hotel for possible upgrades. Thank you for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Toronto Airport

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Only stayed one night,before flying home.I could have stayed a month.Just like a nice one bedroom apt.Marble bathroom and lots of big and fluffy towels.Microwave,dishwasher,toaster and stove top burner,also a dish washer in the kitchen.Loved the huge comfortable bed.Airport shuttle included and nice restaurants across the street.Warm and cozy with a great view.

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the top floor for the view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear kat j,
I am glad you find the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport a perfect home away from home. It is our goal that every guest feel the same way. We even have free same-day grocery shopping service available if you ever decide to cook and do not have time to go to the grocery. We would love you to stay longer next time. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel is great value for money for an airport stopover or longstay. Further from the airport than the strip hotels but worth the drive. The rooms are large and come with a complete kitchen. Beds are comfortable and clean. Breakfast is included, however, I have never taken advantage of this. The staff are friendly and helpful. I think this hotel is great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jaymars1

Dear Jaymars1,
Thank you for sharing your opinion about the hotel and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

A friend and I used our Marriott points from work travel to take our July vacation to Toronto and Montreal. We had a car for the drives between cities and a side trip to Ottawa, so we were able to stay out here for "cheaper" (it was points, after all) and more space vs. in Toronto by driving 5 minutes in to the train station each morning. Cheap parking and frequent trains made it easy to get into the city and back at night, and it did not have the airport-hotel drawbacks of noise; on the flip side, there's nothing interesting nearby or in walking distance, just bad chain restaurants.
For business travel/access to the airport, this seems convenient, and if you are looking to save a bit and will have a car, this is a very reasonable choice. Though we spent all of our time out of the hotel, it was clean, well maintained, and quiet. I'm not picky but I stay in a lot of hotels, and this is at least what I would expect from a Residence Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hollykmarie
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Hollykmarie,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that you were able to save on cost while staying here. Since I do not know your preferences, I will not mention the places that normally guests would go nearby and enjoy the experience. Definitely, downtown is where the main events and major tourist destinations are found. Fortunately, our hotel is not too far to downtown and public transportation is convenient and has frequent service.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Second time at this hotel for a hockey tournament and we'll be back next month too. Spacious rooms, some with full kitchens. Our two bedroom suite was ideal. The included breakfast leaves a little to be desired but it got us fed before we left for the rink. Pool and outdoor basketball court help keep the kids amused. Many restaurants within a kilometre and access to the 401 is a minute away.

Room Tip: They're all good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank TowelboyOttawa

Dear TowelboyOttawa - Thank you for staying with us again and sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Normally, when service is poor I complain. Similarly, when it goes beyond my expectation, I commend. I would like to say that the experience here was superb! I was here for one full week, and I have absolutely no complaints.

Thank you so much folks!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jammy268

Dear Jammy 268,
You are welcome! We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
From: The Residence Inn Toronto Airport team

Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you are traveling to Toronto and have to stay at the airport then this is the place for you. The service is great, the staff are friendly and welcoming and the rooms are clean. Let's face it, no one wants to go to TO and stay overnight at the airport. So why to go somewhere that you feel welcome and at home?

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank DAB8899
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#73 of 137 in Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Residence Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!