“Delicious”

Ranked #735 of 10,303 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Mimico
Reviewed March 20, 2019

I love Hakka food! I'm so glad there is one near my house. Noodles and chicken.... all perfection! Thanks Everest.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed January 13, 2019

Cozy place. Only 8 tables. Come for the food, not the ambiance. It was probably too much food, be we all finished our plates, because it was too good to waste.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 2, 2019

Indian-Chinese Food. Who would have thought that these two cultures would meet and create such delightful flavours.

I've been running around various parts of the country and have tried the ubiquitous Chilli Chicken at every stop. I did notice that the ethnicity of the place really changes the expectations. On the Hill, Hakka places are run by Chinese and in Brampton and other areas, many are run by Indians. The flavours are different.

The staff and cook at Everest are Indian background and one thing I know from previous experience is when they ask you how "hot" you want your food, you have to be careful. I'm usually adding hot sauce and peppers from restaurants on the Hill.

I was ordering for a small project team. We will end up doing approx 20hours of straight work and after a so-so pizza lunch, we wanted something decent to keep us going into the wee hours.

I ordered all the culprits - both dry and gravy chilli chicken, dry beef, some noodles, hot and sour soup...and others.

I usually order the dry and gravy CC because I find that once you mix the two together, you get the perfect balance. Anyway...back to "how hot would you like it?" I said just normal, run of the mill, no one needs to get break out the Zantac level. I should have asked for the new-born taste bud level instead. My team had to drink lots of liquids to help get the food down.

I can take the heat. I welcome the heat...BUT...if this is regular, than something got lost in the translation between regular and "break out the oven mitts and protective clothing!" When things are too spicy, it over powers the wonderful flavours of the food. The hot and sour soup was more HOT than needed to be. The Manchurian noodles were the spiciest of the bunch.

I would try this place again, if I'm back on the lakeshore project. However, it's going to be mild + let me put in my own peppers going forward.

Cheers.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Tried this place for the first time...ordered take out with a bunch of things - soup, appetizer, entree etc...
Food is off the hook - great flavour, large portion sizes, no order screw ups. Quick service, great value for the price.
A definite repeat!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 12, 2018

We went here based on amazing reviews, but got less than great service. We wanted to change a few items on the menu (add egg to the beef fried rice for example and were told no... even though there is egg in several other fried rice options). The veggie manchurian was wonderful and fresh and the fried rice was also very good, but the service was slow. The wait staff did do their best to serve us, I think it was simply a busy night.

Date of visit: August 2018