“Amazing Experience! You won't be disappointed.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bonnie Gordon College of Confectionary Arts

Bonnie Gordon College of Confectionary Arts
More attraction details
Owner description: Bonnie Gordon College of Confectionary Arts is the place to be to learn everything from baking and pastry arts to cake decorating and cultivating a love for confections! Choose from fun one day classes to certificate and diploma programs. Day classes include subjects in: -Baking & Pastry Arts-Cake Decorating & Design-Sweet Treats-Specialty Skills.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience! You won't be disappointed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

As a recent graduate of the Bonnie Gordon College of Confectionary Arts, I can tell you first hand that Bonnie and her staff provide you with the professional skill set, knowledge and confidence to excel in the world of culinary arts. It has been such a pleasure to be a part of something so amazing.

After completing the Confectionary Arts Diploma program, what I can say that sets the Bonnie Gordon College apart from other institutions is the ability from the teachers and staff to make the whole process fun and enjoyable. It's hard work, but everyday I went in and enjoyed it! The curriculum is so extensive, I had the ability to not only learn how to refine my decorating skills to become a cake designer, but also learned to make sweets I never thought I would be able to do before. Some examples of the amazing things I have learned while in the program include (but are not limited to) candy and bonbon making, baking for allergies (i.e.: gluten and nut free baking), ensuring cakes and cupcakes were baked perfectly and moist, macarons, petit fours and rochers, cookies and sugar art. However, aside from this part of the learning, what initially made me decide to attend the Bonnie Gordon College was the fact not only do you learn the baking and decorating aspect, but the business side of things. Bonnie has professionals and specialists in the industry come in to discuss and answer questions on how to start your own business, what risks and factors to be aware of and what type of business would be best for your own needs. The college follows up with their students to see their level of success post-graduating and even helps to find employment for those interested.

All in all, my experience at the college was great and I would recommend it to anyone interested in becoming a culinary success!

Visited October 2013
5 Thank Minxies

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best decision I've ever Made!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was looking for a course where I could improve and be more professional in my work, before I opened a business. The Diploma in confectionery arts was exactly what I was looking for. I learned so many new techniques and how to perfect my existing skills. It wasn't cheap, but it was the best money I've ever spent. My business is growing and getting better every day.

Visited May 2013
7 Thank Suzanne M
Montpellier, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great school”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Bonnie Gordon College was for me a great experience. I went there with lots of expectations and learned more than I expected. The teachers and the staffs are very nice and welcoming. We learn from high skills professionals and leave the school with professionnal skills. I recommend the school to everyone, from home baking mom to professionals like me who wants to extend there art!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank nanoukrakers
Cannes, France
“I keep an amazing memory about the Bonnie Gordon School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I keep a great memory of my time in the Bonnie Gordon School
it was a very rewarding experience, I learned a lot and took a lot of confidence after this training, since I build my business.
it was very intense with well filled days with Professor tuned and highly qualified.
Very complete training, I would I liked to stay one or two weeks to extend the dream

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My dream has come true!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Studying at Bonnie Gordon College was one of the most amazing experiences in my life! When I met the school at the Canada's Baking and Sweets Show in 2012, I found out how one beautiful cake could be made of sugar art. I was amazed! So, I decided to follow my dream to become a Cakes Designer at Bonnie Gordon College.
The most amazing part was that everything that I dreamed became true. Every day I learned something new and beautiful. I took the full time program and it really was full time. From Monday to Friday every week I finished exhausted of hard working, and that's what I loved the most. The compromise of the school is also to teach you how to succeed in your business and the program is designed to help you on that. But for me is something as simple as that once you enter the school you feel the magic there, and that's what inspires every student that choose to follow this path in the fantastic word of the sugar art.

Visited July 2013