“Awesome as Usual”

Ranked #103 of 217 Quick Bites in Toronto
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Stop in here for a coffee after spending a few hours at the Hockey Hall of Fame. Service was quick fir a very busy Starbucks. I bought a Toronto cup as is our tradition when traveling to new places the barista was very helpful getting it put in a box for travel. One thing we have noticed the Starbucks out here are much larger than the ones we have in the west our are small and cramped. Also a number out here have instant grounding coffee machines. Coffee still tastes great but no need to wait if they are out cause they never are. Starbucks should move this technology out west.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Popped into this starbucks desperate for a coffee just as they were closing! The awesome young guys that were closing said "no problem" and made us some awesome flat white coffees, didn't complain at all, great coffee! Thanks so much!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed September 4, 2017

I brought my sister here for tea and pastry on Labour Day, and was really disappointed. While I realize this is a busy spot, I still expect a basic amount of cleanliness. The tables and floor were dirty as were the stations for preparing my coffee. The washroom was total disarray. Neither of the two stalls had toilet paper, the floor was dirty, and people were using paper towels as toilet paper that clogged up the toilets. My sister had an apple fritter, and took it back because it was so stale. She got a second one, also stale, so we just gave up.
Such a disappointing experience.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 12, 2017

this is one of the nicer places in North America... the staff is friendly, actually friendly... I saw a staffer opening the door for an elderly lady.... this is more than wow... Cafe latte is like everywhere....

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank Stephan G
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

This location was across the street from our hotel. We stopped every morning for coffee and breakfast. They are super friendly and efficient. Food was yummy coffee was good. Super busy store but they maintain a friendly neighborhood coffee shop atmosphere. Thank you for such a great place to start our day!

Date of visit: June 2017