“Mixed feelings about this B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Les Amis - A Vegetarian Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 119 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I spent a lot of time researching B & B's in the downtown Toronto area before finding Les Amis, a place I thought we would like. The positives...the location was wonderful and plenty of paid, but inexpensive parking was available. Check in procedures were efficient and clear (even when owner was not present). Breakfasts were home cooked, but of average fare. Negatives...the B & B was a narrow, "row" type house and very small. Our room was so small that you could hardly turn around in it. The decor was non-descript. Our bed was not made for us, nor did we receive clean/dry towels over the whole length of our stay. Although there was a very small front room to watch TV in, there was no front porch or courtyard and since our room was so small, there wasn't much of a place to "be" when we returned at night. I would say that the biggest plus of Les Amis was the owner who prepared breakfast and was very friendly. The largest negative was the price we paid for what I consider to be an extremely small and uncomfortable space.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
17  Thank AUAlum71

Reviewed August 18, 2010

Before someone goes to much into my review I have to mention that only one of the host's Paul-Antoine was there at the time, his wife Michelle was away attenting to familly matters. I feel that if the two of them had been there at the time maybe my stay would have been better. That being said I can only review what did happen.

I arrived at the B&B and had a bit of a hard time finding it since there is absolutely no sign on the building indicating it was a B&B. On top of that there was no one there to greet me or let me in as the owners do not actually live in the building. Eventually one of the other guests came out and was able to give me Paul-Antoine's cell number. He promptly came over (they live apparently 5-min away) and confessed that he had gotten the days confused and thought that I was coming the next day, at which point I showed him the e-mails between his wife and myself confirming the days. He then had to go make up the room, but actually forgot to clean the bathroom, since I found all sorts of hair in the bath stall. The room itself was spacious and nice, and the wireless internet worked nicely. I can not comment on the breakfast at the time since there was none with Michelle being gone, but they did offer a discount. Overall I think this was still a good value for a stay in downtown Toronto, $90 bucks a night, and feel that if the wife had actually been around at the time it would have been a lot more organized.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
15  Thank calgaryglobetrotter8
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I found Les Amis on TripAdvisor & I wasn't disappointed! It's centrally located to all sorts of places- including if you have a late night Tim Horton's or McDonald's craving, those are just a block or so away. However, the house is on a quiet street, so even though you're in the middle of it all, it isn't noisy. The house was classic- Paul (owner) said it dated back to the 1870s! The beds were comfy, and a bonus was free wireless- I was pleasantly surprised to be able to browse the internet! Breakfasts were yummy, and we met some lovely people around the table in the morning. Prices were quite reasonable- I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank eastcoasttraveller05
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Situated in a quiet area around the corner from the main thoroughfare.
We were made welcome although we arrived at 6am and even offered breakfast! We appreciated that. Thanks for a lovely stay.
Shelagh e Paolo

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Les Amis when in Toronto for a wedding. The B&B was well kept and was quiet, which is incredible given it's location b/w Yong and Church Streets. The owners were very friendly and helpful, and dished up wonderful breakfasts each morning. The location was perfect: we were central and were able to walk to all points of interest (for us) without any issues. I'd definitely recommend staying here! And, for food network fans, The Bulldog Cafe (featured on Restaurant Makeover) is a 3 minute walk away and makes a delicious latte :)

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Les Amis B&B is a confortable place, located in the centre of Toronto
with an excellent welcome and a fantastic vegetarian breakfast.
The B&B is wonderfully organized and offered indipendence and a confortable
accomodation in the centre of the town.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bizbor
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I spent a pleasant week end in this B&B which is located at the heart of downtown. It is very convenient to visit, you just need to walk around or to get the subway which is very close.
I really would like to underline how it was nice to stay over there, the house is nice and has its own terrasse.
Above all I enjoyed the great breakfast and the discussion with Paul (the owner) who shared a lot about his canadian experience. You gonna learn a lot about Canada, just ask him, he will be glad to explain how it works over there !

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo