“Convenient and quiet”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Les Amis - A Vegetarian Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 118 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A big grocery store is 200m to the East on Carlton. The subway is 75m to the West, which has all night service along College Ave., meaning you can easily get to all the clubs and back, any time. My room on the third floor, had a skylight and private washroom which was small, but OK. For the price, it was very convenient and realistically, a good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our next place was here. The location was great, we no need much time on walking, just in a 10 minutes walking to entrance. The street was extremely quiet, surrounding parking made this place greater. The owners as well as staffs here were very helpful and friendly. Highly appreciated

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was in Toronto for the Waterfront Marathon on October 20th 2013. I was very lucky to choose this place. It has an optimal location in the downtown area and close to the starting and finishing area for the marathon, I only needed to walk 10 minutes or so. The street is very quiet, there is a parking lot just around the corner and the owners are helpful and friendly, they offer me to use the shower and towels after the race, even after I had checked out, that was real nice and very appreciated. I did not have breakfast because I had to get to the race early, but next time I’ll make sure I enjoy their vegan food.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ElAgusLara
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here after staying in a big hotel for a work-related conference. The street the house is on is fairly quiet if busy, and is right nearby some small restaurants and a Loblaw's grocery. I also really appreciated the cost, which was much less than the hotels in the area. It was a nice change, though there were some problems.

I really liked the room I was in, the bed was very comfy with very soft sheets, and there was a skylight over it. Unfortuantely after two nights of rain, the skylight began to drip and woke me up after dripping on my face at 4AM. I found it a little odd that when I mentioned it to Michelle, there was no real apology or any offers to improve things, she just said she appreciated me telling her so her husband could check it out again--like it had been an issue before. In any case, all my other dealings with her were fine, so it stood out oddly to me. The dripping remained an issue for a couple of nights. I was able to cover the skylight with shades, but I could still hear it, and that kept me awake a bit.

If it hadn't been so wet I would have enjoyed using the outdoor patio on the roof, which looked quite nice.

Breakfasts are one of my favourite meals of the day, so I was pretty excited at the prospect of crepes and omelettes. The food was generally ok, though seasoned with a large amount of dried herbs with salt, which put me off much of it. It just made things a little too salty and heavy-tasting compared to what I was used to. There was also a morning with crepes that seemed to be whole-wheat... and I think they would have been excellent if not for the whole-wheat texture of it (the taste was certainly fine). On the plus side, there was always so many other items there that I definitely would have had a nice breakfast even without the cooked portion, between fresh fruit, yogurt, breads and pastries, etc.

When I was there, there wasn't really anyone else attending the breakfasts, which was a pity, and left me feeling a little out of place in a fairly quiet room.

If you have trouble climbing stairs, this is not the place for you, though I had no trouble whatsoever despite being on the third floor.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay despite the issues, and if not for the fact that there are so many other options in downtown Toronto I would probably stay again. As it stands, I'd rather try something new next time.

Room Tip: Next time I would probably skip the skylight room due to the drips post-rain, but it was worthwhile...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank halfbakedkitty
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at Les Amis for 2 weeks while I was was in Toronto on a research trip. Couldn't have found a better place. The b&b is in a great location with easy access to downtown Toronto. My room was cosy, clean and very comfortable with lovely artistic touches. It was also a nice quiet place for me to do some writing. Paul-Antoine and Michelle were extremely friendly and accommodating and the fantastic breakfasts were served over candlelight in their cosy dining room. Can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here last week during the film festival and met some wonderful people, with whom we chatted around the breakfast table each morning.

The location of the B&B is fantastic - right off of Yonge, around 8 minutes walking from Dundas Square. You could not ask for a better location for exploration during the day and a quiet retreat at night.

Rooms were basic, but contained everything one might need, including a cosy bed, a fully equipped bathroom and rails for hanging your clothes.

Breakfast each morning was a feast of breads, fruit, cake and whatever the host (Michelle, in this case) was cooking on that day. It really did set us up for some busy days.

There is also a roof top patio, which was great for chilling out and reading if we were too hot to walk around town.

If you are looking for first-class service, then don't stay here. If you are looking for a wonderful, friendly place where you will meet people who each have a story to tell, and where hosts will cook you breakfast each day and get to know you, then this is the place for you. I would recommend it to anyone going to Toronto.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chrissiij
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our stay at B&B Les Amis was very joyful. We appreciated the delicious breakfast and the good conversations with the host. The location of this B&B is perfect, very close to the main attractions of Toronto. The rooms are clean, simple and have a personal touch with the original photo's by the hand of Paul-Antoinne.
We recommend Les Amis to everyone that likes to have a restful, cosy stay downtown Toronto.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends