“Run...don't walk from this place”

Isabella Hotel and Suites
Ranked #109 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Montreal, Canada
“Run...don't walk from this place”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We foolishly bought a dealfind.com sale for this place.
Arrived Friday July 27th, 2012 only to discover that they did not keep our reservation.
Tried giving us three separate rooms. All had the same problem... no lights working, no blinds on the windows...and the Air Conditioning units made horrible noises and did not work. (The digital thermostats were set to 19 degrees celcius, and showed room temperatures of 31 +.
We were exhausted, and I even tried looking at the suites. Awfull!
The "Deposit" that was taken from my Visa card, was used to compromise the card.
I started getting random charges from $1 to $3500 within a day.
I'm just lucky my VISA company is better than this hotel, and stopped all the charges!
Neighbourhood is seedy to say the least as well.
Run...dont walk from here!!!

Room Tip: Nothing is good about this place! Scam is the $17 a day parking.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rob K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Don't expect too much and you will be fine. The breakfast is included but a little bit poor. Even compared to real budget hotels. The staff is nice and friendly and the rooms are clean. For this price nothing to complain in Toronto.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay at Isabella.Great location,we could walk everywhere. Good value for your money. Pretty basic,small room. Free continental breakfast was nice. they have a restaurant attached called Gabby's which has a nice outdoor patio.Parking is only 15 a night and just across the street which was handy. Really small bed and flat pillow,did not sleep well. Air conditioner worked well. I really could hear the street and hall noises.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anettski
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed there for a night as we were getting ready to say goodbye to Canada for good.
So with 6 suitcases we found the space a bit too cramped and yes the bed sheets weren't cleaned. The breakfast was sumptuous. Had a good nites sleep though which we were very scared as the whole regoin from Sherbourne to wellseley is Bed-Bug is infested, but atleast not our room.
Our stay wasn't long enough for an experience with the Customer service but the lady at the front desk was courteous enough to ask for an extension of our checkout in case the flight was getting delayed.
Well spent 105 bucks(incl of taxes) for a night's stay in downtown

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rom K
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I went there in June 2012, as soon as I came in my room there was that bizarre smell of Febreeze trying to cover something... soon I discovered food near the bed and a bizarre brown and smelly stain on the pillow (please don't ask for more details).

Lots of noise and me and my kids did not sleep well at all, matresses are surper cheap and over used.

Please do not go there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marc-André S
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I had booked my stay at Isabella Hotel well in advance... it was supposed to be a two night stay in toronto with my sister and father. The first night we were accosted by bedbugs, we were bitten and discovered one in the bed in the wee hours of the morning-- 5am to be exact. When this was mentioned in to the receptionist, they moved us to a larger, bed-bug free room immediately. Except it wasnt bedbug free!! I couldnt sleep thinking about them and stayed up most of the night CATCHING THEM-- i caught 8 of different sizes, but was still bitten when i would accidentally nod off. I presented all 8 samples the next morning and checked out, never to return again. To be fair, the hotel did not charge us for our stay, but my sister's bites were horrible and so were mine. It really ruined our Toronto experience.

Room Tip: ask for a detailed report on latest cleanliness preparation, hopefully by the department of sanitati...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank TicNToc
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I didn't look on here before we stayed at Isabella hotel but I am quite suprised about the bad reviews. We got this hotel for a good price and the room we had was large and roomy with a safa and dining table as well as the bed, flat screen tv and coffee making facilities. We also had a jacuzzi bath. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also included, it was simple (cereal, toast, muffins) but was very nice.
The hotel is quite a walk from the habour front (where the CN tower is), about 30-45 mins but the city sightseeing bus stop is only about 10 mins walk from hotel which takes you to all the attractions.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple