“If you value luxury ...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stillwater Spa at the Hyatt

Stillwater Spa at the Hyatt
Ranked #8 of 104 Spas & Wellness in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Rejuvenate body and spirit at Stillwater Spa at Park Hyatt Toronto. Experience an indulgent escape from your fast-paced urban lifestyle at our peaceful Toronto hotel spa, where you'll find serenity and wellness in the Yorkville neighborhood. Embark on your spa journey with our Pamper at the Park Spa Package. Stillwater Spa offers massage therapies, body treatments, and skin care that revitalize your senses and infuse natural energy. Our Toronto spa features 17 treatment rooms, including quiet spaces for couple's massage and aqua therapy, as well as a steam area, sauna and whirlpool. Look as good as you feel in our Salon offering hair styling, manicures and pedicures. Get energized in our StayFit Gym, outfitted with state-of-the-art cardio and training equipment. Restore your body with healthy spa cuisine by Chef Joan Monfaredi, including salads, wraps and smoothies, or relax in the tranquil Tea Lounge. Shop for essential body oils and skin products in our Spa Boutique. At Park Hyatt Toronto living well is all part of the experience.
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“If you value luxury ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was there for a spa day using a gift certificate ... I booked their standard swedish massage and standard facial and had the spa lunch. All was perfect, all was very much the most $$ I've ever spent on these services. However if you value a luxurious environment and top notch therapists, you get value: all the little extra touches, such as when you finish your treatment, the therapist has realigned your (supplied) flip flops so they are in the correct place when you get down from the treatment bed. While I loved the massage (and received a receipt for it so its claimable as a work health benefit) I have to rave about the facial. They use Dermatologica which is a high end line, and I love how my face feels and looks right now ... in addition, my therapist did a head massage, shoulder & neck massage and massaged my arms and feet. Heavenly. Truly was the best facial I've ever had. The spa is not crowded if you make your appointments in the morning.

What I thought was interesting is that there were as many men receiving treatments as women. And why not? Facilities are completely seperate so privacy was not an issue at all. Also - its fun to go shopping in Yorkville afterwards, which is where this place is located.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank KipperBernie

“Facial Yes-Hair No”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I had a great facial with Antonia.
I also had my hair coloured- Yikes. I won't make that mistake again. The colourist took no time for a consultation, The cost of the blow dry was $54.00. FYI-There are hair dryers in the change rooms. So the bill for my hair including tip, was well over $200.00 for colour only. I wouldn't be annoyed by the price if I felt it was quality service. (and I will probably pay more money to get it fixed) My hair looks like I just walked out of first choice or super cuts.
The rest of my experience at stillwater was relaxing.

Visited February 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Relaxing Spa Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I'm only rating the spa a 4 because I didn't have time to use all their facilities so while I think I'd give a 5, I need to go back to make sure. The key is I would gladly go back. I went on a Wednesday evening so it wasn't busy which was lovely. The colour scheme is relaxing, the sound of running water is relaxing, the lounge is relaxing...did I mention that it is quite relaxing there? The staff were very good and did not make me feel rushed. The services I had were a simple manicure and pedicure - they were amongst the best I've ever experienced. There is a wide range of spa treatments and services offered and I think next time I go back it will be for a full day of relaxing.

1 Thank Heather T
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Relaxing rainy afternoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

The spa is great. Clean, friendly, very "spa" like. You get a locker with robe and sandals. womens locker has a separate whirlpool, steam room and sauna. Bring your bathing suit! Change rooms are equipped with everything you need to get ready afterwards and little tv cubbies.

I had an hour massage, manicure and pedicure. All were great and staff were lovely. The $10 extra to remove the shellac on my hands was a bit of an overkill considering I sat there with my hands in acetone waiting while it did all the work. Staff was friendly and helpful. Massage was great. You can hear the subway running under the spa (poor planning on the spas part) but I live in Toronto so I can tune out the noise.

The tea room/waiting room can be very busy. It seemed to come in waves. One minute id be by myself and the next it was full.

I got the spa day as a gift but the prices are a bit on the higher end. But you get what you pay for at spas. The experience was lovely and I could have spent hours before or after my treatments hanging out in the lounge and change room amenities.

If you're in Toronto for a visit (shopping at bloor is steps away!) or from the city looking to escape the hustle and bustle it is a nice retreat. Enjoy!

1 Thank Hailey S
Toronto, ONT
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Good massage/spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I go for a lot of RMT massages and tried this spa by paying a bit more. All the staff were friendly and helpful. I was there at 5pm and was the only one in the men's area so was able to have some quiet time before my massage. Agree with another review that the steam room was much too hot and the jacuzzi not hot enough. When I first read about the biscotti in the lounge I thought "who cares" but they were actually yummy! The only thing is the lounge did not have relaxing seating. For my massage the therapist worked hard on my tight shoulders and showed me some stretches. Back at the change room there were about 5 people using the facilities now so it was not so quiet anymore. Came away feeling relaxed and smelling nice.

The only sour note is at the end when there was no RMT receipt waiting for me, they will have to mail it. I did mark it on the questionnaire but maybe the therapist was too busy. If you need one it's better to confirm during the massage.