“Very unique, unlike any other hotel, you'll be amazed at every turn you make.”

Drake Hotel Toronto
Ranked #11 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed November 12, 2013

First I'd like to say that me n my fience were blown away by the decor in our room(studio) it was finominal. Never have I stayed at a hotel that was so sheik, artistic and original not even the high end Hilton or Sheraton could compete. I would definetly stay there again and next time take advantage of the bar, restoraunt and lounge. The staff were pleasant, and hats off to the person in charge of decorating the hotel and sure plus in my book. ;)

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Arthur R

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Loved my stay at the Drake. It was even nicer than the pictures and it was perfect for our weekend get away.

The staff was incredibly kind and enjoyed the roof top patio.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

It was my first time at Drake. My friends from Toronto were surprised that an out of towner from Calgary managed to stay at one of the coolest places in the city. It was absolutely fantastic. Even managed to drink a Chet Baker while Sam Ross was sitting next to me having a steak dinner during the wee hours of a Tuesday night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2013

So, I don't really understand why people stay in hotels belonging to big faceless groups, when there are cool places like the Drake to stay in the world. This was our first visit to Toronto but I'd say that there would be no better place to stay in the city if you want to get a sense of what it's like to live there, as opposed to being a tourist. The location is great, right in the middle of many cool shops and restaurants, and within a nice walk of pretty much everywhere - the tram also stops right outside the door. I felt like we were in Europe. We spent the first day just wandering up and down Queen Street West and having a whale of a time. The staff are incredibly helpful and nice, recommending places we just HAD to go for dinner, and they were right every time. Jonathan is a paragon of modern hotel management, sorting out a mix-up over our booking with the minimum of fuss. Our Salon room was great, very quiet (third floor at the back, sleep fans) - everything was clean, comfortable and worked well. One thing I would say is that you'd better be at ease around whoever you're sleeping with, because the semi-opaque glass door on the toilet is a definite test of a relationship. I believe in retaining a little mystery, even after thirty years, so I made sure I didn't look in that direction at the crucial times.

The Drake is cool, but also feels genuinely warm - a very modern combination.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I travel a lot, around the world literally, and the Drake Hotel is the most unique place I have ever stayed. Incredibly hip and modern with a warm, rustic feel all at the same time. I stayed here on a Monday night and could not believe all of the things that were going on. There was a pizza eating contest at 8pm, bands playing down in the basement bar, and an amazing jazz band in the bar on the first floor. I'm a total foodie and dinner was to die for. The lobster nachos...oh my gosh. Let's talk about the cocktail selection and the amazing bartenders...no shortage of alcohol in those drinks:-) You'll find a nice selection of tried and true drinks alongside very creative drinks crafted by Drake bartenders. Try as many as you can. They're delicious. I stayed in a crash pad, and was absolutely delighted from the second I opened the door. There was a note from the manager (with my name handwritten on it) welcoming me to my room attached to a very yummy bag of caramel popcorn. I could stop now right, but there is more. The Hungover Cookbook, teddy bears, dolls, snacks, drinks...a very eclectic collection of things in the room to explore and buy if you want. The bath robes were terry lined but like a sweatshirt/jersey material on the outside. Couldn't wait to wrap up in that after my shower. Even the toiletries were cool. Who doesn't love a good peppermint shampoo?! Everything was branded The Drake including the plates in the restaurant. Don't see that much these days. It was a total throw back but seemed very modern in this setting. I can't comment on the area because I never left the hotel. There was too much to see and do within the walls of The Drake. Go, experience it for yourself!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a funky cool part of town! Loved the hotel. The rooms are small (as it honestly advertises) but they make the most of the space. The staff is fabulous, in particular the hotel manager Jonathan, as well as Sophie. We were there to shoot a wedding which was held at the hotel. Everything was perfect!

Room Tip: Check out the hotel site. They are very honest about the size of the rooms and which ones are over...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was in Toronto for a short weekend trip to see a couple of art exhibitions, and decided to book a night at the Drake because I was also checking out a show at their music venue.

Since I was solo, I initially booked the tiniest room..with a twin bed, but was pleasantly surprised to have gotten an upgrade to a double.

I really loved the room. There were lots of nice little touches such as the Malin + Goetz shampoo and body wash products. And a welcome note with a little bag of popcorn. I also liked the practicality and usage of space of the room...the toilet, shower and sink. Nice warm and cozy lighting and exposed brick wall. I think it's the first hotel that I've stayed at where my room felt closest to being home. I was actually feeling a little sad to leave and wished I was staying longer than just one night.

• Stayed: October 2013