Drake Hotel Toronto
$150
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$229
$173
$113
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
All reviewscrash padjonathan leclairecoolest hotelwelcome homethe hotel managerqueen streetno elevatorrooftop barlittle touchesnight liferooms are smallstreetcar stopthe entire staffthird floorhipstercrashpadwest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My new husband and I stayed for a night in the drake hotel and it was easily the coolest hotel I have ever stayed at. The amenities were cleaver and excellent quality. We spent time just looking around the room and admiring the Decore. The front desk service was great and we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the morning. I have already recommend the hotel to friends. It was such a great experience I can't wait for another opportunity to return.

1  Thank Jacelidor
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

It's like I was flying my Star Wars fighter through the galaxy and landed on a previously unknown planet to refuel. It was different to any hotel I've ever stayed in, and I liked it. Very much. I feel curiously reinvigorated, refreshed and inspired to take on a bold new day. Some specifics:
- reception staff were super friendly, helpful and attentive, e.g. Without prompting they looked up the address of the restaurant I was going to, called me a cab and told the cabdriver exactly where I was going.
- the rooms are comfortable, with a powerful shower, pleasing decor and free wifi
- dining in the open air rooftop restaurant was great: delicious 'shaved greens' salad, fish tacos and Mr Bojangles cocktail.

I'll be returning to the wonderful planet of the Drake Hotel on my next Candian journey.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Did someone at the Drake analyze our dreams and then create a hotel with all of our favorite things? We think that is what must have happened. Everything was perfect on our second stay there. We ate a LOT, and everything--from the sushi to the cocktails, coffee, breakfast, lunch, and those glorious muffins (!!!) --was impressive. How is the bed more comfortable than our own? Don't ever get rid of the photo booth, and keep the awesome concerts coming. We <3 Drake and can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My booking experience via email with Jonathan set the tone for our whole stay - friendly, warm and welcoming.

My 6 year son and I stayed here recently for 2 nights. Upon arrival we were met with a huge smile from Zoe who looked after us with grace and style! Our Crash Pad was small but perfectly formed - every need catered for. We ate in the Cafe and had room service during our stay - both of which were fantastic food. As I was with my son I didn't get to hang out too much in the evening at the music events but definitely would have done if I could have.

Jonathan is a dream - his attention to detail is exemplary and all done with a genuinely friendly charm.

Did I mention the pillows?? Sublime! Shopping in Queen Street is fabulous, unique little artsy shops - I spent too much money!

Thank you to everyone at the Drake for making our short trip to Toronto very sweet indeed!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mjbig
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Drake for eight days in one of their wondferfully designed "crash pads." We loved the hotel even though I must admit we are a little older than the crowd that frequents their bar and lounge at night. Despite the active evening scene at the Drake, our room was quiet and out of the way.

What really stands out is the friendly staff. Super helpful with directions, advice, whatever you need. They have these wonderful bikes imported from Holland that we used several times to take in the city.

Finally, mega charm is the phrase I used to describe this place. One of a kind!