“Hip and chic restored gem”

Drake Hotel Toronto
Ranked #8 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Wow! This hotel has been masterfully restored with a modern fusion of art, decor, and vibe. The quality of the service was impeccable (thanks John, Blair, and Jonathon!), and checking in/out was easy-peazy. After a long day trekking through Chinatown, we came back to our room to a bucket of champagne splits, all iced up and ready to go. You cannot know how refreshing that was along a shower using peppermint scented shampoo!

Every interaction with the hotel, it's staff, it's services, and it's fare was wonderful. They exceeded our expectations at every touch. Only suggestion? Improve the quality of your paper products which we considered inferior to the rest of your operation. Thanks for an amazing stay--we'll be back!

Room Tip: Stay in rooms 308-311 to minimize noise for light sleepers.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I love EVERYTHING about The Drake Hotel! Everyone that works here is so friendly and accommodating. My check-in experience was great, the room was perfectly clean and well laid out.

My group has not stopped talking about how much we love it here and how we wish we could extend our stays. It has truly been a great experience and we hope to come back next year for our next event!

Thanks to the below associates at your hotel, our stay was fantastic :) :
Jonathan, Jon, Dave, Tyler & Daniel - thank you all for making it such a nice stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Whenever I am making an overnight trip into the city, the Drake is my first pick for hotel. The crash pad is exactly what I want in a room...cozy, clean, compact, cute..great use of space & well thought out.
Love the complimentary popcorn & night-time cookies and the surprise bottles of bubbles were especially well received :)
Staff are always fantastic and pleasant. Decor is funky yet homey.
Heck, this is one great place to stay and well worth the fight in traffic to get to!
X[OH!]

Room Tip: Any room will be a 'thumb's up"!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I absolutely loved every aspect of my stay at the Drake. It was an incredibly wonderful surprise when we arrived. And after 32 hours of barely leaving the premises I was feeling so at home I didn't want to leave. I kept trying to go elsewhere to eat, or be entertained but I kept asking myself why should I go elsewhere when everything here is so fabulous? So I gave in to the need to sleep with other establishments and committed to a marriage with the Drake. In our crash pad I especially loved the efficient use of space. It was small and yet so incredibly spacious in that European kind of way. I was so delighted that the staff picked up on my 'its our wedding anniversary' when I made the booking. There was a card and champagne for us in our rooms. How classy! The staff look very invested in their jobs and the whole world of this place. And needless to say the menu of sex toys was rather refreshing. A hotel that acknowledges appetites for whatever you want. How fun. Anyhow, an all round pleasure from the staff, the rooms, the decor to the clientele the place attracts. And great location to boot. I can't wait for my next visit. Why would I stay anywhere else? A class act.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was Adam and my third visit to The Drake and again we were as happy as clams during the four days and nights we stayed. Don't think twice if you need a home away from home! The beds and bedding are superb (Egyptian cotton quality), the rooms are artistic and fun (we stayed in one of the salons) with excellent airco, the food and drinks at the Drake are the best and so is the staff! Thank you again, Jonathan and your excellent staff! Hopefully we'll see each other again sooner rather than later.....
We miss you already! [(XX)]

Room Tip: Room 205 (salon) is quiet and cool. We highly recommend it.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My dad and I stayed at the Drake in a crash room for 5 nights. The hotel was funky and fun and the staff were nice. Although we found ourselves waiting for the trolley a lot to take us downtown, I would stay in this neighborhood again because it was hip and cool and not touristy. I had two disappointments: (1) I really wanted to stay in a crash room with exposed brick. I had asked for it when I made my reservation. I followed up about it a couple weeks before my visit. Well I talked to manager Jonathan LeClaire the day we were checking in and he informed me that the room with exposed brick had plumbing problems and that we couldn't stay there. I mentioned we were there for 5 nights and maybe we could move later, but I didn't have much hope that we would be moved there. I wish that Jonathan had apologized for our not being able to stay in the room with the exposed brick walls. For some foolish reason, I really had my heart set on it! If he had said, "Oh I'm really sorry" that would've helped. (2) The book in the room says there is a computer for use downstairs. I learned that there wasn't one because the fire department wouldn't allow it. I had to walk all over trying to find a computer to no luck. My whole journey took nearly an hour. Jonathan kindly facilitated my use of a computer when I returned. My favorite staff members was the tall bouncer who always let us skip the line to get into our room and the woman who guarded the staircase with dyed blond hair who warmly said, "Welcome home!" whenever we came home. One night I had fun dancing in the downstairs club while my dad slept. My commute home was 2 flights of stairs. The housekeeping staff were also very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stopped in at the Drake for brunch, they have the most delicious mango mimosa's....OMG ! We had great service, the egg's beni was huge and fantastic. I hadn't been there in awhile, but when you go back to a place, even after not being there for years and the food/experience/atmosphere is still as good, if not better.....you tell people...The Drake rocks and we'll be back !