Drake Hotel Toronto
$213
$270
$188
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $282/night.

$225
$202
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $318/night.

$265
$175
$165
Travelocity
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

$380
$308
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscrash padjonathan leclairewelcome homecoolest hotelthe hotel managerqueen streetno elevatorrooftop barlittle touchesrooms are smallstreetcar stopthird floorthe entire staffhipstercrashpadwestdowntown
Reviewed November 1, 2012

An extremely nice and (for business) unusual place to stay.
Although it is clearly a hipster hangout the staff are the opposite to what you might fear.
All extremely charming and helpful.
While the largest room, the "suite" in which I stayed, is not exactly huge it has everything you could want and is cosy and quirky, though still with a good bathroom.
Only one misstep: they failed to order a car which I requested at checkout for later that evening.
Problem was handled with charm and efficiency however.
Queen Street West has plenty of nice independent shops and restaurants, though the food in the hotel itself is also very good.

Room Tip: Go for the suite.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Jonathan_LeClaire, Manager at Drake Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Londoner Chris

Thank you for taking the time to follow up with me recently regarding the issue with your town car and I am thrilled my team managed to rectify the oversight for you.

I am thrilled you enjoyed the Drake experience, our newly renovated bathrooms, and our Café’s early morning Espresso, OJ and house made granola!

I hope to welcome you again soon,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

More of a hipster hideaway, really. The wifi sucked, there was no proper workspace in the room, and it's a cab ride away from downtown. But the staff are fun.

There's a nightclub downstairs and one of the days I stayed there was a party on the roof, so you may not get as much sleep as you were hoping for.

The bed was very comfortable though and I liked the way the bathroom was set out behind a curtain at the end of the room.

Great breakfast in the attached cafe.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Citizen Dave,

Thank you for the compliments. Drake does have a pretty amazing team working tirelessly for the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, and I am glad you noticed the fun we have while doing so.

Regarding the Wi-Fi, I am sorry you had service interruptions. Drake does engage an outside party to monitor our systems and they typically can rectify our issues within a few minutes of a call to them. While they sort out the issues, hotel guest of course have 24 hour access to our Computer Pad - and we keep a supply of LAN cables on site to help our guests “plug in” while we look into the situation.

From our comfortable beds, to our amazing food offerings, I am pleased you managed to enjoy much of your stay, and I hope we do have the opportunity to see you again.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Drake a few weeks ago as part of my birthday celebration, and we had a wonderful experience.

First off, they upgraded our room to the suite at no extra charge, and since it was my birthday, gracefully granted late check-out at no extra fee. Since it was Indie Week, and many bars were serving until 4:00 AM, this was welcomed!

We dined at the restaurant, and were extremely impressed; most hotel restaurants in Toronto are mediocre in comparison to most things nearby, but we enjoyed every last bite of our meal, not to mention the $3 drink specials they had that evening.

The in-house TV station played Davey & Goliath, Betty Boop, and old Justice League episodes... almost enough to make one want to stay in on the Saturday night of one's birthday! It was great to come home, and wake up to though.

Service was great all around. We ordered a bucket of ice, and it was delivered to our room within minutes during the peak of the Saturday dinner hour. The service and customer experience here would put many of the higher-end chain hotels in Toronto to shame.

I have nothing negative to say about the Drake, however in the interest of other travelers, I will point out that the place is usually bustling, and may not be the best choice for a quiet, relaxing getaway. Occasionally we could hear the bass from the cafe below (which did not bother us in the least). As well, between the Underground, Sky Bar, Lounge and restaurant, it is almost overwhelming because you'll want to experience it ALL, but simply cannot in one night if you have made plans to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jonathan_LeClaire, Manager at Drake Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Kam D!!!

I am thrilled you enjoyed your birthday With Drake. I am even more thrilled that you did leave your room to come down and celebrate in style! You’re right: our Saturdays are not to be missed.

I sincerely hope you have the chance to come and visit us again soon – perhaps for JS’s birthday? In any event, we will keep Drake TV on for you… just in case.

Jonathan

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I were HUGE fans of this Art Hotel, the staff was incredibly professional. We will definitely visit again when we return to Toronto, which i hope will be often. For a hotel that has so few rooms i never felt cramped, each was rather spacious and comfortable with all the ammenties of a 5 star chain. As "older" travelers we did not feel out of place in Toronto's hippest hotel , surrounded by "hipsters", it was an absolute joy. The bar and restaurant were on par with those of W and Hilton for their selection and execution, I love this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jonathan_LeClaire, Manager at Drake Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Jack C

I have to admit this Art Hotel is a huge fan of yours! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate those 5 stars!

We miss you both, but are excited that you will be joining us again soon.

See you then!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just stayed for one night, but we are already planning on returning. The staff actually made the process fun -- right from booking the room to checking out. In a city that often forgets the individual, the Manager (Jonathan LeClaire) not only ensures an incredible experience, but also attends to details with ease. And the staff also exude this attitude. Wanda guided us through the menu so we had a great meal and had a great sense of humour while doing so.
We went for a break and it that and more!

Room Tip: We upgraded to the larger room -- it was really neat. Check out the portrait of the lady!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jonathan_LeClaire, Manager at Drake Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Jackie B,

Wanda and I thank you so much for the honourable mention!! We loved serving you. As you know - Drake could never forget about any individual: our entire family is made up of unique individuals like you + Mr. B, who are here for unique, fun and cultural experiences.

Once again, happy anniversary from all of us, and I hope you don’t wait a year to come and visit your new family!

X[OH]!