“Change of culture”

Neighborhood: Chinatown
Pickering, Canada
“Change of culture”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Today my friend and I went to Toronto and while wandering found Celebrity Hot Pot. At first we thought we would try Bubble Tea, but the place smelled good and we thought we would try doing lunch. Staff were delightful helping two ladies who had no idea what or how to order. Lunch was brought and we cooked it at our table in bowls on hot plates. Food great!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mary C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San German
“Fairly Decent Hot Pot”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Found this place near my hotel and went in shortly after check in. Was impressed by the interiors. Good service and food was filling. May not be extraordinary but I was very hungry so I dug in.

Visited May 2014
Burlington, Canada
“Super fun for a group”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We came here on Christmas Day with a group of 6 people. All you can eat, ordered many items which you put in your individual hot pot to cook. Lots of veggie options available. The passing of various food items made for a social and enjoyable meal.

1 Thank JamesPharm
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good soup base, fresh ingredients BUT…..”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I wish there is something in between again! This is because it is not average but not very good either.

Stayed in a hotel nearby and decided to cure my craving for hot pot. This place is new, only opened 4 months ago. It also has a fixed price menu, it is All You Can Eat within 1 1/2 hours. I went on a Thursday night, which is just under $20 per person . There is a so called free seafood round, but it is only one prawn, a couple of slices of squid and one small chunk of salmon. However, the ingredients are fresh. After that, any seafood is extra. Other meat dishes is included. There are room for improvements. Some of the chicken that ended up on my table was not sliced properly ,they actually come out in chunks. Soya sauce missing on the sauces table, but it was replaced after we notified them. Service took a little while. The soup base is tasty. If you want to have a mixed pot, i.e. two different favors, you will have to pay an additional of $3 each person. Every item you ordered, only a small quantity is provided. I have been to other hot pot restaurant outside DC in Virginia, I think if the restaurant provide a slightly bigger portion, customers do not have to keep repeat the order. It might actually save the waiter's time and dish washing! Just saying...... The drinks is included as well. All in all, I still have a good enjoyable food experience.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Superlegalbabe
Toronto, Canada
“As good as it gets for hot pot”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

When you go for hot pot/Asian fondue, there are usually no surprises. Choice of broth (chicken-beef or vegetable-tofu are both more than adequate), choice of dipping sauces, tea or plum juice and then the plethora of vegetables, meats, seafood, dumplings, noodles etc. Selection is somewhat overwhelming, but it's all you can eat and just take your time. Food was excellent for hot pot standards. Restaurant was clean, but expect a lot of steam waffling through the air, so don't wear your best clothes. Service was good, raw food delivery to table was very good. Aside from over-eating, a healthy low fat cuisine. Would definitely return if in the mood for hot pot. Go early or try getting reservation.

• Visited October 2013