Tripadvisor

Ranked #1,893 of 10,644 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We met a friend here for lunch and drinks during the Christmas holidays. I've been here many times before, but this was the first time bringing my toddler. The service was great - they offered us a highchair for the boy as soon as we arrived. The waitress also brought us a kids' menu, which had various activities on it, and crayons to keep him entertained, which was a very nice touch. We were also able to sit in a booth with our boy in between us, so he was able to have some independence without bothering anyone else - a very good set up.
In terms of food and drink, the menu is typical of a Firkin pub - burgers and traditional pub fare such as fish and chips, as well as curries, stews and various sandwich plates. The drinks list is of course extensive, with a good selection of beers on tap. The food is good, and as I mentioned the service was excellent. Prices are pretty standard for pub fare, but cheaper than many casual restaurant chains.
I'll definitely be going back, and I'll feel good taking my toddler with me.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

Great service .... nice space.

Would prefer less fancy more simple pub style food.

One of us ordered the shrimp tacos....they should of had the tails removed!! They were bland.

I like just a plain and simple hamburger. Never mind with the fancy cheese or sauce. Just add fixings. Spend time on a good burger...not the cover ups.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019

Great food great servicegood atmosphere for a family meal.
Opportunity to eat outside and lots of activity inside.
English style pub and restaurant

Date of visit: June 2019
FirkinP, Manager at The Bull: A Firkin Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Eric! Happy to know you had a great time with us and we hope to see you again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed April 14, 2019

Was there a couple of days ago with a group. Ordered JD & Coke for me and whiskey & tonic for my bus. Drinks came OK but, DEFINITELY WATERED DOWN! WTF? This is 2019 and a bar like The Bull resorts to this? BUSH LEAGUE!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 15, 2019

I have made two visits here. It's a typical pub with sports screens at all viewing perspectives. There is a lounge area upholstered in faux British flags but homey nevertheless. The service is very good - attentive and competent.
My first visit I had the burger which was excellent, my second I had the fish and chips. The fish was dry and overdone, the chips were soggy. I'd say stick to things that are grilled.