“The best fish I've had in Etobicoke”

West Mall Fish & Chips
Ranked #3,950 of 10,302 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Markland Wood
Neighborhood: Markland Wood
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Anyone that claims their fish is too greasy, I think they need to reevaluate.

I recently discovered the tasty food in this little place to which I've seen for years in this plaza. I am literally addicted to their fried rice. Shrimp fried rice with egg is absolutely the best I've ever had. I've been here three times this past week..... except this time I actually got the fish ....both halibut and Haddok were cooked to perfection. The small family run place which I believe is simply a married couple..... know their stuff. Sitting in the small place and dining in you quickly learn how many regulars they have and how damn good their food quality is. Nice people, old plaza, old store and incredible food. I found their fish and chips way better than well reviewed fancy places in the neighbourhood. I feel privileged to have learned about this place.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

This was a pleasant find this weekend when a friend and I stopped here for a quick lunch.

Super cute couple were working (presumably the owners), they made our meals fresh in front of us!

Loved the fish, the batter was nice and fluffy and the fish tasted fresh.

There were a bunch of regulars in there when we stopped which gave it a really appealing vibe. Also $3.55 draught pints! Didn't partake but will be back later for those!

Date of visit: December 2016