“Dubious spa in the lobby of Holiday Inn”

Caesar Spa Downtown
Ranked #72 of 115 Spas & Wellness in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Free Hotel Parking - Get free parking if Spend $100 or more Student will get extra 5-15% on any treatments and packagesThe mission of Caesar Spa is to bring beauty to life. From the moment you step into our spa a special feeling embraces you. Our professiona
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Reported the Spa to the Public Health dept, because of the facial fungi I got within a few days of a facial there! This was diagnosed by a medical doctor. I have been very shocked and deeply upset since then. The worst part is that I had trusted that the needle used to do the extractions during the facial was clean!! I'm so scared now.

The only other usual ways of getting that particular fungi is through pets (I don't have any), farm animals (have never been to a farm), or from children who get this very contagious fungal infection from daycare/schools (I don't have any). That leaves the Spa as the only culprit - dirty towels or maybe the esthetician already had a fungal infection on her hands?

They do use dark maroon towels at the Spa - that darkness can cover all sorts of grossness.

It cost me $80 for the facial - not to mention the $5 tip, which the receptionist basically pressured me into giving: "You want to give a tip!" grin, grin. Almost a $100 bucks for the privilege of being smeared with fungi!!!

Not only was the facial certainly not cheap, but the esthetician had tried to get me to "upgrade" to another type of facial. I refused, so maybe she was secretly mad at me for depriving her of a few extra coins she could have made on a client barren Sunday.

I will be contacting Steve Yates, the General Manager, about this. I will post what happens here.

There are newer reviews for Caesar Spa Downtown