“Fresh Fish, Great Selection, Tasty!”

Kritamos Greek Fish House and Rotisserie
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: East End
Singapore, Singapore
“Fresh Fish, Great Selection, Tasty!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had the garoupa from the main menu with collard greens. The food was really good, freshly prepared and delicious. I have dietary restictions and the service was helpful, communicating to the kitchen and advising me what would work. I am going back again soon.

• Visited September 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing lunch”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

A friend and I had a great lunch, sharing a number of appetizers and salads; it was wonderful, creative food - and very affordable, with great service too. And no, I am not writing on behalf of the owner - but it was such a great meal I HAVE to write about it.

Okay, onto the food: we had the Kritamos salad (arugula, dates, walnuts, pistachios and feta with pink peppercorns and a pomegranate dressing - wow), fresh marinated grilled octopus on a bed of stewed tomatoes and capers (tender, perfect), grilled calamari (nice) and a good white wine. For about $30 each, wine included - pretty incredible.

The waitress was efficient, and the service was fast. And I loved the feel of the place, stone walls, booths with comfy pillows, clean modern unfussy. Can someone invite me to Toronto so I can go back? Cath

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome Seafood!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've been to a number of seafood restos in the city and i've got to say this restaurant really impressed me. Their different selections of whole fish which are so fresh they don't even hide it as they have it displayed at the front of the restaurant. I came here with my girlfriend on a date and we were welcomed by the friendly and knowledgeable staff. I had the Lobster linguine pasta which they plucked right out of the tank in front of my eyes. Wow! You can't get fresher that that! My Girlfriend had a grilled Yellowtail Snapper which was so tasty. Their pita was made in-house and you can taste the difference. They're not pushy to get you out with the number of people waiting for a table which I always hate. If anyone is looking for a good seafood restaurant, you've got to get in here! I'll definetly come again!

Toronto, Canada
“Wow! Wide Selections Of Fresh Fresh Seafoods!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family and I love seafood and are very particular so we try out this resto . We are pleasantly surprised: The food is excellent, service is attentive and atmosphere is comfy. We live in the neighborhood and have been there a few times and every time their fresh fish market menu would have different variety of fish--so fresh-- there's even a fish display with a live lobster tank as soon as you walk in. We usually order an assortment of dips served with their home made pita, grilled octopus, zucchini feta fritters, grilled whole fish, lobster pasta and lamb chops. The dips are tasty and unique and our favourite is the roe dip. The zucchini feta fritters are one of the best we've had. The grilled octopus is so tender and delicious. Our favourite fish to eat is the sea bass and prior to Kritamos we didn't know there are so many different kinds. On a few occasions they have the Chilean sea bass, common sea bass and the European sea bass. We have the European sea bass and it's grilled and seasoned to perfection, with crispy skin and moist delicious meat. The fish was served with hand cut fries and collard greens. The lobster pasta is made with live lobster straight from the tank which is so tasty and fresh. My bro is in love with the lamb chops. The wine selection isn't long but it has great choices. We love this place as the prices are affordable for all the fresh seafood you get. We usually pay an arm and a leg for fresh seafood eating out.

Montreal, Canada
“Possibly worse restaurant experience ever”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The good things first. The atmosphere was pleasant enough, the staff were friendly and supremely apologetic when things started to go wrong, Which was almost immediately. First, the wine we ordered was brought and poured into everyone's glass without the server showing the bottle or asking if anyone wanted to taste. It was the wrong wine as it turned out, but the bottle was already open and poured by the time we brought this to their attention. OK, we didn't want to make a fuss, so we let it go. The appetizers took about 45 minutes to arrive, and when they did, the mussels were awful, small, stringy and undercooked. Scallops were OK. For the main course, we ordered sea bass. After another long wait, the server brought out three trout-sized fish for us to choose from. We pointed out these might be great fish, but they were not sea bass as the term is generally understood in North America. "Oh really?" was the response. "The chef said they were." This in a restaurant that supposedly specializes in seafood. We agree to try them anyway -- and then we waited another 45 minutes or more for them to arrive. Every so often the server would arrive at our table to apologize for the delay. Finally we lost patience and asked her to either bring us our food in three minutes, or the bill, minus the main course. The "sea bass" finally arrived. It was OK, but served with a wad of green stuff (described on the menu as fresh vegetables) that might have been overcooked spinach. By this time we were late for our other engagement, so we ate what we could pick off the unfilleted fish, called for the bill (from which nothing had been deducted, despite the appalling service), listened to a few more apologies and left. I'm sorry, but this is the worse restaurant I have been to in years, perhaps ever.