“These tacos are something to taco-bout! *ba-dum-tsh* Hands down best tacos!!”
Review of Seven Lives

Seven Lives
Ranked #18 of 9,378 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Pardon the pun, but this place is AMAZING!!! A friend and I made a trip down from Barrie to spend the day in the Kensington market and I knew we had to stop at Seven Lives or I'd never forgive myself. My friend ordered their Baja Fish and loved it, while I ordered the Gobernador and the Corn Smut (Cuitlacohce).

I bit into the Gobernador and literally moaned in pleasure. I've never eaten a taco that was this flavourful. And they are LOADED, they each come with a double-tortilla to deal with the tons of absolute amazing flavour bomb they pack into each one. The corn smut taco was SO GOOD, creamy and savoury and with these deep complex flavours. Omnomnom. I was absolutely stuffed after eating both of these but I couldn't not finish them! If I'm ever near there again I will definitely be stopping in again to get more taco amazingness from this wicked crew.

The one tiny downside is that there is basically nowhere to eat in the restaurant except for one small table, and since the joint is usually PACKED (literally, think sardines) you'll likely wind up standing on the sidewalk shoveling taco into your face. Which frankly is fine with me because their food is so delicious!

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Portion sizing is just right! Full of filling and sauce, small hole in the wall joint
I would travel miles to get tacos from here
They need to open more locations cause it’s soooooo good

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

You must go! The food is delicious and inexpensive. There is very limited seating and it is packed but worth it. My kids loved the fish tacos.

Reviewed July 29, 2018

Love it here! Mexican is my thing and they always deliver! Great staff, nice atmosphere and an overall good time :)

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

I saw that it was supposed to be the best place to eat tacos but i was disapointed. They were ok but not as good as i tought it would be. After we ate the tacos we felt bad and had to take tums to get over them.