“Fantastic Pub Grub!!!”
Review of Firkin on King

Firkin on King
Reserve with OpenTable
Firkin on King is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,667 of 8,898 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Our last night in Toronto we ate at Firkin on King. Most of the people were around the bar, watching the soccer games, so we had a delightful, quiet small room with four tables all to ourselves the entire meal. Very pleasant! We thoroughly enjoyed their food - I had the Bacon & Cider Chicken and my hubby had two starters - Stuffed Yorkie and Bangers in a Blanket. Do look up their menu for explainations. They were delicious!! For dessert I had the Salted Carmel Lava - cake, unfortunately, was very dry but the flavor was nice and my hubby had the Apple Crumble Pie, which I tasted, and I do believe canned apple pie filling was used instead of "from scratch" ingredients. Overall, we liked eating there and would probably go back again, when and if we are in Toronto. Prices were reasonable. Our waitress seemed like she would have preferred not having to wait on us when she had all those thirsty men at the bar but nonetheless, we enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Nice old converted bank along King St. W. with great atmosphere. Also features and outdoor patio. Good beer selection and food is reasonably priced and service is spot on!! Always a stop on my Toronto travels. Cheers!!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Firkin on King was a very pleasant surprise. We sat on the outdoor patio and enjoyed a wonderful meal after the Theatre. We went for the Parmesan crusted grilled cheese sandwich and the butter chicken pot pie. Both were absolutely delicious.
Although the patio was fairly busy following the Blue Jays game, our server was pleasant, and very efficient.

There are a lot of very good restaurants in this area of Toronto but I would highly recommend Firkin on King for after a game or after the theatre.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Three of us had lunch there, the service was acceptable although in fairness to the restaurant they were very busy as it was a holiday and they warned us it would take a bit of time. The food was good. Two of us had fish and chips - large portions, lots of fries and well prepared. The other person had a salad - also very large and well prepared. The prices for a lunch were a bit steep but that is my only concern. Pleasant atmosphere, nice decor, friendly and courteous staff.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My buddy and I had the fish and chips and homemade shepherds pie. Portions were very good and quality was also. Good bar scene and outdoor seating was good. Even though there was road construction going on, there were plenty of customers which must mean the place is worth going to....