“Divine drinks and dessert”
Review of Woods

Woods
Reserve with OpenTable
Woods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #321 of 8,650 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Church
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Divine drinks and dessert”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The service was exceptional from start to finish.
What made this dinner were the cocktails and dessert. The cocktails were unique, not too expensive, well-balanced and flavourful (despite being out of apple foam). The pavlova dessert was one of the best desserts I have ever had with a gorgeous presentation and even better taste. Highly recommend and will be coming back.

Others: The whole grain salad was earthy and great for a mild rainy summers evening. The pickerel was excellently seasoned.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JWCXRAY

Toronto, Canada
“New restaurant - worth the visit”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Have been to Woods a couple of times for dinner - and really enjoyed the ambiance (great decor) and the food. Good variation and tastes - beautifully presented. We split appetizers and entrees and cannot pick a favourite - however the beef cheeks and the scallops are great as starters and as a main you cannot go wrong with either the chicken or the tuna.

Bruce (chef and owner) is there to greet his guests int he front of house to ensure that they have a great dining experience.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank cfelssmith
“Don't tell anyone!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Absolutely genius ! from the Hostess to the end of the meal , very pleasant staff and helpful if you can not make up your mind about what to choice. We were 4 of us its was a business dinner and it was a truly professional experience. Food sublime and everyone love the decor very urban rustic chic! We hope to see this place lasting for many year. Thanks to the entire staff working on that evening you all make it a wonderful and gourmet experience.

Bravo!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank claudinewebster
Toronto, Canada
“good but expensive for lunch”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had a business Lunch at woods, the food was good not great, however i found it expensive. I think charging $22 for spaghetti and meatballs somewhat outrageous in this time of austerity. My business colleague found the Bison Burger dry. To take a client for lunch at this prices was a bit much. There are many other venues in this great city that offer good or better food than Woods at more reasonable prices.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 577Irene
Whitby, Canada
“Great new restaurant in Toronto”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We visited Woods on recommendation of a friend who had just had dinner at Woods the night before. We were not disappointed. Woods is located in a nice area right behind the King Edward hotel. Nice and quiet location. The interior has very clean lines with beautiful green accent pieces.

Service was impeccable and the staff seemed to be there always when needed.

I am a sucker for scallops so I had them as an appetizer. Three super-sized scallops that were done to perfection; nicely seared on the outside and still buttery on the inside. Accompanied with a parsnip puree it was the perfect starter for me. We were with a party of 6 and 2 others chose the scallops and were equally impressed. We ordered a few orders of duck poutine for the table. While I am not a huge poutine fan this was quite nice; potato wedges with very nice and fresh cheese curds and shredded duck in its sauce. Other favorites were the tartar and carpaccio.

I had a hard time picking my main course. I love tuna so I settled on that. Turned out to be an excellent choice. Pan-seared, rare and seasoned to perfection on a bed of lentils and tomato. In our group no one was disappointed with their choices.

I am diabetic so stayed away from the deserts. Our group ordered different deserts and were more than pleased with their choices.

I will be back for sure and see how Woods will develop over time.

• Visited June 2013