“Good Food although very busy”
Review of Osteria dei Ganzi - CLOSED

Osteria dei Ganzi
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: between Wellesley and Bloor
Transit: Wellesley Subway stop or Bloor subway.
Description: Set in a 120 year old historical mansion, Ganzi offers casual italian dinning experience, with focus on quality food, exceptional service and affordability. Our menu features classic dishes made according to the traditional recipes, with DOP certified ingredients imported straight from Italy. In true Osteria fashion, our wine menu is equally authentic and robust; featuring privately imported regional Italian wines which we are proud to offer by the glass.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We ate here during World Pride and the service was friendly and the food good even if the staff were no doubt stretched by the festivities around the area.

No complaints and the restaurant was able to provide a table for 10 and dealt with the orders efficiently

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have walked in front of this beautiful historic building several times without realizing it was actually a restaurant, until one night when we decided to go take a look. Best decision ever! The waiter was very friendly and even spoke to us in French :) We have ordered shrimp, gnocchi and a pizza, and everything was delicious. The grand interior decor is quite impressive as well. The bill came with a postcard of an old Italian b&w photo, which now hangs on our wall. We will definitely be going back to Osteria dei Ganzi on our next stay in Toronto.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

The Grand Hotel clerk recommended this restaurant and it was delightful. It is on mansion row, or what use to be known mansion row so make sure you get the history of this beautiful establishment. Mohammed was our server and he was spot on; an exceptional server and host in every way! The food was truly authentic and very good as we had a salad, ravioli and red snapper. All very good and a wonderful night! Enjoy Osteria Dei Ganzi!

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

My girl friends and I decided to dinner before the paint nite event at this venue last Sunday... everything was well presented and delicious! We had appetizers (the big wood board with several different coldcuts and cheese and some calamari) and I ordered pasta for the main course...The staff was very friendly... the service was great! The ambience was beautiful... perfect for dates or even just a girls night out...

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I live around the corner from this amazing restaurant. They have an amazing mixologist, take a chance and let them come up with a cocktail for you. The patio is fantastic, you will find many locals there. The food is assume and never fails to please. There is only one negative I have unfortunately experienced every time I have been there and it may just be the need to cool the training and let the staff be themselves....The staff are all over you!!! From the minute you walk in the door until you leave. They explain every dish as though you have never eaten anywhere but the golden arches before. Last visit I wanted to celebrate a milestone in my daughter in-laws life......difficult when we were interrupted so many times we could not finish a sentence . It actually became a bit of a joke. If they would learn to leave the guests alone it would be soooo much more enjoyable and if I was not so busy chatting with them I would have enjoyed another 1 or 2 cocktails instead we headed home to have one in peace where we could chat uninterrupted. Go....by all means....go just ask them to respect that you want a quiet dinner.

1  Thank sandrasToronto
DanGunam, Owner at Osteria dei Ganzi, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Hello Neighbour, Thanks for your feedback and review. I have spoken with our manager and servers on your feedback. We look forward to seeing you back soon. We are running Pizza Week from April 8th - 20th if you wanted to check it out.