“I love the flavours”

Nawab Fusion Grill
Cuisines: Indian, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: North York
Description: Toronto's newest Indian Gastropub and Lounge, just north of Yonge and Sheppard. Parking available behind restaurant.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We live within walking distance of the restaurant. The Indian restaurants on this part of Yonge street tend to be bland catering to a hypothetical "non-indian". Nawaab does not do that and therefore it is my favourite Indian restaurant on the strip. I am trying out some of Nawaabs unique dishes and enjoying them all.

There are newer reviews for Nawab Fusion Grill

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My Mom's "white", my father's from India; sometimes I feel like I'm the definition of 'fusion'.

I want to tell you, Nawab does Indian Fusion Cuisine right. My entire experience there was oh-so-right. The atmosphere, the space, the menu you can explore yourself, they have it all (well, except puri's :P)

My friend Adam and I had our first visit last week, and this review has been on my mind ever since. We may have our new favorite spot in North York.

From the recommendations of beers & dishes, to his gracefully moving us to a more spacious table as he saw us diving into the menu with passion, to the way he fielded our questions about the previous establishment, their DJ nights, and how 'busy' Nawab is -- Ali is a gem.

And when the head guy has his head and heart in the right place, what do you think happens to the staff, the food, the experience?

It shines.

Toronto is a city of soooo many restaurants, and so many foods - do yourself a massive favor, whether you're bringing friends, business partners, or a date -- get to Nawab, now. Aim to say you knew it when it just started out, because it's blowing up.

P.S. We ordered a lot because it was delicious, and we took a lot home in sturdy containers and a robust bag. Nice touch.

1  Thank Jason F
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a spur of the moment dinner here last night and it was a lovely experience. The service was warm, friendly and efficient. Everyone seemed to make it their priority to take care of their customers.

We had the pulled lamb slider for an appetizer and it was probably the highlight of the meal. The tender lamb stew on top of a fresh out of the oven, soft naan bread was so flavourful and had the perfect amount of spice. Next time I come back I would consider ordering this as my main, as it also comes with fries.

The tandoori chicken was delicious, perfectly accompanied by the tangy cooling Raita. The biryani rice was delish! Don't get the plain rice the biryani is worth the extra couple of dollars.

We will definitely be back and certainly will be calling them for some takeout soon. :)

1  Thank SamanthaLot
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Not a huge selection of food, but there was enough to satisfy most tastes. Our grilled chicken tandoori was incredibly spiced and very moist. Curried vegetable dishes did not skimp on heat. Prices are reasonable. With better service and muted Bollywood videos we would give 5 stars.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Having gone to Nawab on opening night, there were a few kinks that had to be ironed out but having returned after a few months - they have everything going for them!
The atmosphere was just right as were the food and staff (the owner makes his rounds to each table which I thought was a nice touch). The portions are perfect (the side of rice is great to share FYI). We had the tikka masala and the lamb vindaloo. We were both happy with our choices. The poppadum bruschetta was delicious as well. The restaurant was quite busy (only a couple open tables) so be sure to make a reservation ahead of time. Looking forward to my next visit!