“Mmmmm.....pulled pork”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: West End
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This stretch of Annette Street is starting to go through a culinary bloom with several new restaurants opening up and a great example is Marky & Sparky's Smokehouse.
Now restaurant may be too grand a word as seating is very limited - probably three tables. But whether you dine in or take out the food is superb.
The pulled pork is amazing and a variety of sauces are available though my preferences are the more traditional BBQ. The portions are very generous - we usually split a sandwich and still depart completely stuffed. I have yet to try all sides but heartily recommend the baked beans which come mixed with a healthy portion of brisket. The poutine is also a great guilty pleasure.
Coffee or tea is not available but they provide complimentary water.
Friends of ours have ordered the $60 takeout special which apparently can easily feed a party of six if not more.
One final note: all their meat is provided by Butcher By Nature, one of the best butchers in Toronto that specializes in organic meat (I love their bison burgers).

1  Thank BlairYYZ

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had the pulled pork sandwich as a takeout. The meat was very tender [half pound] and the bun fresh. The sauce [mild bbq] was really spot on for my taste. It came with a creamy slaw that reminded me of my mother's cabbage salad, and she could really cook. It was enough for lunch and for a sunstantial late night indulgence. At $10 not cheap but you do get a lot.
There is limited seating so don't show up looking to seat more than about 8 people, which would just about fill the place. This is more take out I think.
They have just started up and may run short on menu items, but this will change I expect as they get some client experience and determine demand levels/timing.
I will definitely return.

1  Thank Bob-frm-Toronto