“Interesting and New”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: between Erskine and Castlefield
Transit: Just north of the Eglinton Subway Station
Description: VITA SOCIALE is a fun and approachable neighbourhood restaurant. We are open for lunch and dinner, 7 days/week! Our recipe for success includes great servers, good people and an incredibly talented culinary team.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The full open window onto Yonge St was a distraction as cars parked and people walked by. As the sunset in the west, the light reflected off a building across the street making it a blinding distraction.

All staff were courteous and very help at selecting a wine and dinner dishes. The service was unrushed and prompt. The decor does not assist to mute loud conversant diner at the next table which is quite the distraction. but we manage toi easily move tables.

Menu selection was very narrow and may not appropriate for a picky meat and potatoes person.

Ceasar salad was nothing to write home about. The scallops and smelled excellant. Others enjoyed pasta dishes. What is void from the menu is cheese selection for enjoyment post dinner. The deserts were tantlizing.

If you are expecting Centros, it is not. But if you want an interesting new place to eat, try it.

There are newer reviews for Vita Sociale

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were there over the long weekend on Monday afternoon. Hadn't been there in a long time. Was quite excited as had been to Centro many times in the past. The ambience was fine they have changed the interior to reflect a more casual dining approach. The waitress was very rude, one of the members in our party asked a few questions regarding the menu and her repeated response was " it's whatever you see on the menu". The appetizers weren't bad. Waited a very long time for dinner as the restaurant got busy and we had to wait until everybody got their appetizers before our meal could be served, this was what the waitress told us. She constantly forgot either drinks or food needed to be reminded constantly. Finally the food arrived I had ordered the spaghetti and meatballs very dry and bland no taste. Our family members had ordered some other meals everybody did agree that for the portions served the meal was just ludicrously expensive! Would definitely not go back very disappointing.

3  Thank Noush T
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A new place in the trendy ( for Toronto standards) Yonge-Eglinton area, it is packed with people who want to be seen. The place is ample, airy and large. However, the much touted "Roman style pizza" is a disaster: I ordered the pesto pizza with whole wheat crust, it was dry and somehat tasteless, I complained to the waiter a the bar ( after he resurfaced) and asked him to substitute it for the "Centro" pizza. After a long wait, he brought the wrong crust ( while flour) instead of whole wheat.. I was running out of time, so I was upset. I asked for the check and the manager. After he interrupted me, h finally understood the problem and offered to make the correct pizza really quickly and picked up the check. The gesture was appreciated and kudos to the manager for handling the situation appropraitely, but the pizza was still mediocre. If they want to do Roman style pizza, they should learn from Falasca SPQR up the street, it is much better and reasonably priced. This place is somewhat artificial. I think it is a problem for all the restaurants in the Yonge-Elginton area looking for the trendy clientele. Pass....

4  Thank QueenStreetLaw
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Its Friday, sure its busy but would be much less so if the staff were training to serve, in-between seating and bread and water 15 mins... and to have our order taken 20 mins, food to arrive 30- 40 mins. Portion size for the pasta ( I had spinach/sausage) the smallest I have seen for a main EVER in Toronto, 4 pieces of 25 cent size bits of sausage doesn't do it guys. My table had a pizza, described as bland, salad the most expensive for it size probably anywhere.. the beer on draft .. Japanese ( and served flat) .. a waste of a Friday night... the waiter, although trying hard enough really had no clue...eventually he sent one of the owners out to smooth stuff over ( it was like talking to a wall ) ...in short .. service= poor, food = overpriced... stay away for now there is better around

4  Thank C C
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The food was acceptable but not special. The service was terribly lacking.

I asked for ice. 5 minutes later the waiter apologized and stated that he was sorry, he forgot. Five minutes later he still had not brought the ice. A runner brought ice immediately after he received the request.

I asked for chilies to put on my pizza. Five minutes later the waiter was taking an order from an adjacent table. I was still waiting for the chilies. A runner brought me chilies immediately after he received the request.

The waiter took our order and wrote it down on a form with table locations on it. i.e. positions 1, 2, 3 and 4. He still put plates down in front of the wrong persons.

I ordered the House-made salumi board with Parmigiano Reggiano and marinated, roasted olives. It would have been nice if someone had informed me what the various salumi on the plate was.

I was not impressed by the definite lack of any service.

There were duty managers (owners?) on the floor but they seemed more interested speaking to patrons they knew rather than watching the tables and servers to ensure that customers were being taken care of properly.

As we were with friends it was not an appropriate occasion to make a fuss or complain about the lack of service.
The tip was reduced from our usual percentage. The waiter probably never noticed.

4  Thank p t