“Great jazz”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Ontario, Canada
“Great jazz”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Recently in town for event and visited the Jazz Bistro for a show. We greatly enjoyed the music and venue. Our service was very attentive and polite. The servers did a great job of moving quickly and effectively through the space as not to obstruct your view. Enjoyed our food, and drinks.
But the blonde host (manager or owner) was pretty sour upon introducing the band and speaking, seemed to be the only person not enjoying it. Understandably it is difficult to have everyone's complete silence during a performance in a restaurant environment but that IS the nature of that venue. We would definitely return to enjoy the music again.

Ontario
“A welcome addition”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I went to the Jazz Bistro with a girl friend before going to a show at the Ed Mirvish Theatre. It is directly across the street on Victoria, and that was why we chose it. What a wonderful surprise!! It has been lovingly remodelled since the Top of the Senator days into an inviting, smart 2 level restaurant/ performance venue. We obviously did not stay for the jazz, but plan to return, for sure. We both had the small fillet, and it compared favourably with any in the city.
While the tables are bistro close, the servers manage with aplomb.
The third floor is a beautiful space - both indoor and the patio - very relaxed. I can't wait to go and spend a whole evening there.

• Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Quaint fun great patio”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

By fluke we found this place after seeing a play at Ed Mirvish. We had drinks and apps on the 3rd floor patio. Very comfortable, classy yet relaxed atmosphere. Salsa is awesome!! It's a three floor building and a little but of everything on each floor. Go before the show, after the show or for a relaxed evening. A great little jem!!

• Visited June 2014
Toronto, Ontario
“Pre-Theatre Brunch”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

A friend and I stopped in here before a theatre production at the Ed Mirvish Theatre. It is directly across the street, so the location is perfect! I had the baked omelette with asparagus and goat cheese - this comes with a baby greens salad. It was tasty, plus the portion was quite large. I ordered an orange juice to go with it. It was less than a cup of juice, and it tasted like orange drink. I was disappointed, and was quite surprised when the bill came and it was $5!! Do NOT order the orange juice! My friend had the french toast with blueberry compote, maple mascarpone emulsion and toasted almonds. Again, she was happy with her meal and the portion was large. The best part of brunch here is that they bring fresh scones to your table, free of charge. (perhaps that is why the oj is so expensive) When we were leaving, some musicians were getting ready to perform. I think this would be a nice spot to watch some jazz and I may try coming here for brunch again in the future. I wish I could give this restaurant a 3.5/5 instead I gave it a 3.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Superheroalo
Tampa, Florida
“Delicious French onion soup”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I went with a group of 20+ people on a Thursday night. Was not very hungry but wanted to try some things so ordered the French onion soup and spring rolls. Soup was exceptional and spring rolls were good.i heard that the kale salad was delicious. We were fortunate to hear about 30 minutes of the jazz group's performance and it was great.

• Visited May 2014