“A Great New Jazz Club In Toronto”

Jazz Bistro Toronto
Ranked #388 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: International, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Jazz Bistro, Toronto's premier Jazz club, features an atmospheric haunt with scheduled live jazz performances & Canadian bistro-style fare. Situated right across from the Ed Mirvish theatre, and close to Elgin and Winter Garden Theatres & Massey Hall, Jazz Bistro offers pre-theatre lunches(on theatre days only) and dinners from Tuesdays through Sundays. House pianist Robert Scott plays regularly from 6pm-8pm, Tuesdays to Saturdays and on Sundays from 12pm-2pm. Featured nightly performances run from Tuesdays to Sunday evenings at various times. Please visit our website for our full performance schedule.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Many years ago I used to frequent The Top O' The Senator, a reputable jazz club in downtown Toronto. This club has recently given way to The Jazz Bistro at 251 Victoria Street just behind the Yonge-Dundas Square. A friend and I were celebrating a birthday during the first week of October, 2013 and decided to check out the Oliver Jones (a notable pianist from Montreal) trio. Having heard Oliver Jones many times in Montreal at what was formerly Biddle's (now Montreal Jazz Club), I was determined to catch him while he was in Toronto. From the menu we decided on the salmon, beets (which were far more appetizing than usual), baby peas, and a caesar salad. The meal was tantalizing! The seating is close quarters but very cozy thus allowing for a great opportunity to meet and greet other guests. We had a great time! Can't wait to get back to this spectacular venue!

1  Thank apatejr
There are newer reviews for Jazz Bistro Toronto

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This restaurant is just around the corner from Bond Place where I stayed this week and across the street from the Ed Mirvish Theatre. The décor is very unique .. a beautiful red piano and rich warm colours .. and it is so nice to walk in and have a live musician early in the evening. I had a table at the front of the restaurant by the windows, which were open on a beautiful warm September evening, which was nice for people watching.

The menu is not huge but a nice variety. They have a decent wine selection by the glass also. I had the soup of the day which was a really well done carrot soup with crème fraiche and balsamic, and the Beet and Fennel ravioli. They were perfect!

It was a little quiet since it was quite early when I was in (6:30) but at least 5 people were at my table at just the right time to be sure I was enjoying the meal and check on me.

Definitely good .. and would like to come back just to enjoy the music.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Finally a great place with superb food & “JAZZ”…this time we had the Organic - Grass Fed Beef Tartar with Cognac Aioli, Pickled Heirloom Radish, Balsamic Mustard & Fennel Pollen and of course “frites”…again…c’est magnifique! So tell your friends and spread the good word, yes, Jazz is alive and well in Toronto!

1  Thank Lothar L
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Visited Jazz Bistro for the first time since its' most recent reincarnation, and we have to give credit where credit is due. You will not find a similar dining/entertainment experience anywhere else in Toronto.

Visited on the Labour Day weekend for my wife's Birthday. It was relatively quiet (about half full); however the night was was wonderful!

Service was attentive and fantastic. Right from the start we were impressed. The bottomless sparkling mineral water is a bargin, and the red fife bread brought to the table was great.

We had Oysters, Wild Boar Terrine and Steak Tatare as appetizers and were impressed with all. My wife really enjoyed her Crispy Duck Confit. To be honest the Bouillabaisse was good but not remarkable...I probably should have tried the steak.

As for the music. The musicians were exceptional. The night we were there the "theme" was show tunes and swing. Not my favorite, but the sheer skill and talent of the musicians made it very enjoyable.

All in all, a great night. We will return!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice atmosphere. They charge 15 dollars per person for music. Better to have drinks. Dinner is over priced and not good. When you read the menu it looks good but none of the items taste good. If you want to talk sit in the back.

1  Thank Mahin55