“Yummy gelato and sweet treats!”
Review of Soma Chocolate

Soma Chocolate
Ranked #2 of 190 Dessert in Toronto
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 20, 2013

You must visit soma if you are in the distillery. I had the peppermint stracciatella gelato and bought some lemon toffee- covered in milk chocolate and pistachio crumbs... Both to die for!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stopped in their location in the Distillery District and picked up coconut chocolates for myself and a gift for a friend. It was so good I made my husband stop at their King Street location on our way to Second City. My friend loved her gift and asked for more but don't do online orders yet.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Pricey but delicious chocolates! You must try the truffles! All of them if possible but especially the dark chocolate with olive oil. Creamy and wonderful in your mouth!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Located in the Distillery District, this is a wonderful place to get your chocolate fix. Truly an artisanal shop, offering chocolate bars, drinks, and truffles. Some quite creative combinations, including balsamic vinegar (the balsamic vinegar truffle is my personal favorite). The chocolate bars include cacao sourced from classic locations including Venezuela, Madagascar, and perhaps Costa Rica if memory serves. I particularly like the dark chocolate and chili combinations.

A second downtown location has been opened at 443 King Street West, but I have not had a chance to visit that store. Needless to say, on my next visit to Toronto, SOMA is near the top of the list!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I don't have a sweet tooth, but I could spend all day in this chocolate factory. the mayan short shot is decadent. I promise you that you will use your finger to wipe the cup clean. the balsamic truffle is also not to be missed. there is also a hot drink - espresso with chocolate and steamed milk - not to be missed. they make gelato too - the lemon sour cream with a scoop of dark chocolate is a great combination.