“Quirky, casual atmosphere with good service and great food.”

Rock Lobster Food Co
Ranked #1,461 of 9,134 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I ate at the Rock Lobster Food Co. on Queen, not Ossignton. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it has this quirky, casual vibe. The service was very good. The food was excellent. Even the music was good. I am sorry I discoved this a day before leaving for home, because I would have eaten here more than once.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Loved this place.
The scallops on top of the mint/pea puree are a must to try. (had second portion it was so good)
Enjoyed the cocktails

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I was so excited to go to Rock Lobster in Leslieville this week, because I love lobster. Unfortunately, the actual experience did not live up to the expectation.
It was a beautiful evening so we requested to sit outside on the patio, unfortunately where we were seated by the street brought wafts of smelly hot garbage. Trying to be a good sport, I didn’t make a big deal of this.
We ordered oysters and our meals and I am not sure what was going on with the kitchen but they brought the meals out first and then the oysters. I have never worked in the service industry but I think it is pretty standard to bring the oysters out first as the appetizer then once that is finished, bring out the main entrées! So what ended up happening is my lobster poutine that I was so looking forward to devouring was lukewarm and lackluster by the time that I got to it. I didn't even finish it.
Finally about halfway through the meal, my friend ordered a beer from a server which never came. Then our server checked to see if we were ok and we told her that we had ordered a beer. By the end of the meal our server came around again and was like 'oh that beer never came huh? It's been a while....'
Wow, talk about being under served!
Needless to say that along with the missing beer, an apology never came either so we just got the bill and left.
To me service is just as important as the food and sadly, I will not be returning to Rock Lobster Leslieville.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Having spent many summers as a kid on the Maine coast, I am a total lobster snob. We almost never eat lobster away from New England or the Atlantic provinces. Since we were staying right across the street from Rock Lobster, we decided to chance it with very low expectations.

Actually, the classic roll was very good. Not great, but very good. Grilled, buttered top-fill roll with just lobster and mayo (I like a little celery as well, but..), pickle and potato chips. Just as it should be. Washed down with a Sam Adams Lager and you could almost be in Boston or Kennebunkport.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed June 8, 2014

went last night and had the lobster mac and cheese..I have never eaten this combination before and was a little apprehensive.I shouldn't have been .It was superb!
Not only did it taste great but they gave me such a large portion I was so full I couldn't have dessert

the only complaint was the servicer gave my dish to the couple next to us at their table

Little mixup but food made up for it

We went to the Rock Lobster on Ossington.

Note; the Rock Lobster on Queen does not serve lobster Mac and Cheese