Book In Advance

from $76.70
from $72.00
from $15.50
More Info
All reviews concession stand escalator imax tiff cineplex vr auditorium downtown films screening
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

The venue was a good size for this great show. We were seating in a box and were served free food and beverages.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I like that there are many cinemas, especially during Tiff.
I do NOT like that the escalator often doesn’t work and there are so many stairs to climb.
I also do not like that there are so few washroom stalls for the capacity of the place with all the cinemas. The lines at the women’s washroom often extends well outside in the hall and the risk of missing some of the movie is very real.
I do like that there is more than one concession stand.
I like that the seats in the cinemas recline.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

I came here during TIFF to watch Press & Industry screenings and regular screenings of indie/arthouse films, such as Dogman, Non-Fiction, Burning, Birds of Passage and Border! The theatre is large with all their auditoriums on the upper level. The sound and picture quality were good! My only complaint is that the theatre was really cold! Why are movie theaters always kept so cold? Isn’t it more expensive to keep it that cold? I came here several times more for regular and Press & Industry screenings. I was able to watch ‘First Man’ in its huge IMAX auditorium. The screen was huge and the sound was great! Although I didn’t like the film, the moviegoing experience was good!

Reviewed September 16, 2018

One of the theaters we were in, Cinema 1 is very large and very high. There are no exit doors up at the back of the theater. I feel it very dangerous and a fire would be deadly. Seating not very comfortable.

1  Thank Lteitler
Reviewed September 4, 2018

5 of us went - me and 4 teenagers. We played the VR games for an hour. Good variety of game types. A great way to spend some time in the afternoon!

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

If you enjoy or find my review genuine and helpful please give me a vote so that I can move up in the ranks and offer people the reviews that they deserve.

I’m a movie theatre fanatic. I live, breathe and watch tv and movies. I know you can “stream it” nowadays free, but I don’t dig hurting the industry people and actors by stealing their work. Hence I will always remain old school and reach for the popcorn and 3-D Glasses.

Walking into a nice theatre that has class and so many options says something, it screams class. When you walk into Scotia Theatre the first thing you see is a section for Virtual Reality. I wish I’d gone into the area so I could write more about it but I’ll write a separate review about that when the time comes.

Leave the entry area and you’re staring up a gargantuan escalator and I mean gargantuan. This lends credibility to the structure that I’m trying to describe.

One thing I’m not a fan of is Cineplex Odeons attempt to phase out the need for humans in the ticket buying process. (This is an industry wide thing so I won’t point any fingers.)

The concession stands aren’t any different than any other Cineplex Odeon but one thing I will point out is the new beverage machines that give you dozens of your favourite Sosa’s in sugar free form with custom flavours.
7-Up Zero (Cherry, Orange, Raspberry etc)
Ginger-Ale (Cherry, Orange, Raspberry etc)
Fanta (Cream Soda, Cherry, Raspberry etc)

It seems the theatre has a exclusive with the sofa companies.

Did I mention the sofa is 100% refillable?

I truly like the ability to buy beer, wine and cider with a general admission ticket. I didn’t check out the alcohol prices but the accessibility is nice for those alcoholics that require their alcohol fix during a flick.

Seats are top notch, fake leather, luxury recliners. Some of the premium theatre (AVX, VIP, 3D) allow you to pre-select your seats, while the general admission seats are cattle calls. (First come first serve)

I believe that this theatre is the best Cineplex Odeon in existence, or at least of those I’ve seen in person. Good Luck on your adventures. If you have any feedback on my writing style or suggestions I’d be grateful to hear them.

Camillo Del Pellaro

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We saw two movies here and loved both of them. The theatre is easy to get to if your downtown which is nice. The theatre is upstairs so if the escalator is down you have to climb a lot of stairs. The seats are comfy and the volume isn’t too loud like some theatres.

1  Thank JasonCowl
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

Went to see Black Panther...great theatre, down escalator was out of service so you had to walk down a few flights of stairs but other than that was a great experience. Loved the reclining seats❤️

1  Thank Puddin1973
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Went here to watch resident evil with my gf the snack store has tons of options from popcorn to poutine burgers etc

The theater architecture its unique for a cinema. The theater its really comfortable

Reviewed March 25, 2018

It's a very good theatre. Good price, very comfortable, with new movies every time. I recommend you to go on Tuesdays, because of the low price.