Book In Advance
More Information

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Toronto
from $76.20
More Info
All reviews concession stand escalator imax tiff cineplex vr downtown auditorium films screening
Reviewed September 16, 2018

One of the theaters we were in, Cinema 1 is very large and very high. There are no exit doors up at the back of the theater. I feel it very dangerous and a fire would be deadly. Seating not very comfortable.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Lteitler
Reviewed September 4, 2018

5 of us went - me and 4 teenagers. We played the VR games for an hour. Good variety of game types. A great way to spend some time in the afternoon!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

If you enjoy or find my review genuine and helpful please give me a vote so that I can move up in the ranks and offer people the reviews that they deserve.

I’m a movie theatre fanatic. I live, breathe and watch tv and movies. I know you can “stream it” nowadays free, but I don’t dig hurting the industry people and actors by stealing their work. Hence I will always remain old school and reach for the popcorn and 3-D Glasses.

Walking into a nice theatre that has class and so many options says something, it screams class. When you walk into Scotia Theatre the first thing you see is a section for Virtual Reality. I wish I’d gone into the area so I could write more about it but I’ll write a separate review about that when the time comes.

Leave the entry area and you’re staring up a gargantuan escalator and I mean gargantuan. This lends credibility to the structure that I’m trying to describe.

One thing I’m not a fan of is Cineplex Odeons attempt to phase out the need for humans in the ticket buying process. (This is an industry wide thing so I won’t point any fingers.)

The concession stands aren’t any different than any other Cineplex Odeon but one thing I will point out is the new beverage machines that give you dozens of your favourite Sosa’s in sugar free form with custom flavours.
7-Up Zero (Cherry, Orange, Raspberry etc)
Ginger-Ale (Cherry, Orange, Raspberry etc)
Fanta (Cream Soda, Cherry, Raspberry etc)

It seems the theatre has a exclusive with the sofa companies.

Did I mention the sofa is 100% refillable?

I truly like the ability to buy beer, wine and cider with a general admission ticket. I didn’t check out the alcohol prices but the accessibility is nice for those alcoholics that require their alcohol fix during a flick.

Seats are top notch, fake leather, luxury recliners. Some of the premium theatre (AVX, VIP, 3D) allow you to pre-select your seats, while the general admission seats are cattle calls. (First come first serve)

I believe that this theatre is the best Cineplex Odeon in existence, or at least of those I’ve seen in person. Good Luck on your adventures. If you have any feedback on my writing style or suggestions I’d be grateful to hear them.

Camillo Del Pellaro

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We saw two movies here and loved both of them. The theatre is easy to get to if your downtown which is nice. The theatre is upstairs so if the escalator is down you have to climb a lot of stairs. The seats are comfy and the volume isn’t too loud like some theatres.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank JasonCowl
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

Went to see Black Panther...great theatre, down escalator was out of service so you had to walk down a few flights of stairs but other than that was a great experience. Loved the reclining seats❤️

Date of experience: April 2018