“Not worth the money.....”

Jack Astor's Bar and Grill - Don Mills
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astor's Bar and Grill - Don Mills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,664 of 9,696 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: North York
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

A few old co-workers and I met up for lunch and regretted it shortly after. The server was pushy and impatient. The food was way over priced ($40 for a small bowl of bland Mac n cheese, and 1 beer), and the lunch options were minimal. The beer was warm and the water glasses were dirty. I will never return to this location. For being in a higher end location, it was incredibly disappointing.

SIRGuestResponse, Guest Relations Manager at Jack Astor's Bar and Grill - Don Mills, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Hi DanielleL1510,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We always strive to provide an excellent dining experience, and I'm sorry to hear that your recent experience wasn't up to our usual high standards. Our manager would like to apologize and invite you back for a better experience.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Rehab, Jack Astor's

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Going to Jack Astor’s when I come to Canada every year is a must do. The location is very nice and perfect for a drink or a dinner with friends, family or only with a partner.

The menu offers lots of different meals and types. However, I really like the chicken wings and the poutine is also very delicious. Better than many other places I’ve visited in Toronto.

The staff is always very friendly, but when the place is too packed, they can get a little bit overwhelmed. But all in all, I always had good experience with the workers, nice and charming staff!

Must see for tourists!

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

I don't think anyone comes here for high quality food. It's decent though and they have a good selection. We had wings, guacamole, tuna bowl, and sesame chicken. No complaints.

The service was reasonably good. We were a group of 10 and got stuck at a skinny table in the bar that seats 8 with chairs at the end. The table was only about 2 feet wide so when you have appetizers, drinks, and plates on both sides of the table there was no room. We were constantly having to stack plates and have the wait staff clear them away asap.

They have a good selection of beer on draft and overall though we had a good time.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

Good service from friendly staff and lots of beers to choose from. Food is a little above average. Huge TV screen to watch sports on.

Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

Just returned from extensive trip through France and really needed a great Canadian hamburger. I had regular one while my partner had one with cheese and bacon. Both delicious! Wait staff super friendly and attentive. Price decent. Certainly recommend eating here and we will definitely return.