“Green Peppers impersonating Jalapenos AND Chintzy W/Cheese”

Jack Astor's Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astor's Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,664 of 9,689 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: North York
Reviewed October 7, 2017

Guys... do NOT eat here!
Since Jack Astor's conveniently has a broken survey link and none of the apparent "serial numbers" on my receipt work to give you my opinion online I have to demand here publicly: WHAT THE HELL have you done to your NACHOS?! I was there with an out of province pal, bragging about how great the food was - and then we get nachos with practically NO cheese - 60% dry, a couple of teaspoons of salsa as condiments (why so cheap, Jacks? Tomatoes aren't that expensive!) and then you have the gall to try to pass off GREEN peppers as jalapenos?! What kind of cheap bastardization of food is this? No cheese and you can't even spring for the spicy variety of peppers?! I even asked for a side of them, and got MORE GREEN diced peppers, with the waitress insisting you'd "changed it up". I've never been more aggravated in my life. Take some pride in your grub - you aren't the only pub in town anymore. Not impressed. At all.

2  Thank Anita M

Reviewed August 24, 2017

I am sorry to say I was not too pleased with meal I had the Chicken club sandwich with fries, best part of the meal was the fries, sandwich was tasteless, desert of mini chocolate brownie was delicious but they served it on a huge plate, although they dressed it up with lots of caramel sauce and a dollop of cream the brownie looked pretty sad. With the brownie I had a coffee, at $3.57 it better be spectacular, unfortunately it's not worth the price, should have gone to Timmies, they either need to reduce the price or serve better coffee. Won't be going back anytime soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

Stopped in here for a quick drink and snack on a Friday afternoon at around 3pm and also to catch some of the Jay's game. We decided to sit at the bar as we were not going to be there for very long. The beer and food and atmosphere were OK but the bartender thought he was hot stuff and acted like he was doing us a favour by serving us. He also acted very busy although there were not that many people in the place at the time. As a result his service was very slow as he did it when he "found the time" to get to us.

We left this place unimpressed with the level of service that we received and will likely not return. Mr Bartender - you need to get over yourself. You are not that important.

1  Thank Northern_Hiker
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Fairly standard North American pub food. The hamburgers are quite delicious and well made. The restaurant is massive and very noisy. Service is prompt and friendly.

Reviewed August 2, 2017

This is my second review of this Jack Astor’s – and I’m upping its rating one. We’ve been here since that last visit but never in the summer . . . on their patio . . . under the pergola . . . on a warm but not hot summer day . . . a sunny cloudless summer day . . . with our choice of tables . . . with a cold barking squirrel draft . . . paired with our Sugar Shack Fingers (great!) and Holy Smoke Burger with poutine side (large) and Deep Fried Nanaimo Cheesecake Roll dessert (with caramelly sauce). Circumstances make a difference and may be clouding my judgement. Service was good, the shaded patio tables filled-up after 12:00 (but not the ones in the sun). We took the burger home for dinner. It was a weekday and parking can be a problem near Jack’s but there is a parking arcade that always seems to have spaces. Unfortunately, you have to walk a bit – not a bad thing after a meal like we had.