“Beautiful atmosphere”

House of Moments
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East End
Description: RESTAURANT, GALLERY, LOUNGE, EVENTS SPACE, ART SPACE, WEDDING VENUE, BIRTHDAY PARTY House of Moments is a creative space that goes beyond showcasing thriving artists. We are Toronto's only art oriented venue that features a sensational delicate Eastern Fusion Cuisine. Take the time to relax and unwind among our cultured Moments Lounge.
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My friend threw her birthday party here on a Saturday night. It isn't the best place to throw a birthday party if you're wanting to mingle with other strangers, however, it is still a nice space if you wanted a quiet low key birthday party with friends or a company party.
They have some sort of flaming fountain drink you can purchase for $16 which can do some serious damage to the birthday girl/boy. It's similar to a flaming lambo but a lot larger and it is a personalized item that House of Moment does.
The sushi bar was also open during my friends party - after 11pm which was nice since we were hungry.

I've also had another friend do their proposal here and the pictures were beautiful.
Nice atmosphere, nice staff, would come back here again to throw a company party.

1  Thank lind0r1

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Just an overall great experience, glad our friends mentioned it to us!

My wife and I made reservations at House of Moments after hearing great reviews from a friend. As soon as we showed up we were amazed by the beautiful space and friendly staff.

The service was great even though there were quite a few people here for dinner. My wife and I shared a bottle of wine, and after hearing rave reviews about the sushi we just had to try it. We started with some Lobster Tempura and it was a hit. We split a few of the specialty rolls and it was some of, if not THE best sushi/maki I have had here in Toronto. Favorites included the Las Vegas roll and Red Velvet Roll (I think that's what it was called). The chef here really knows his sushi! I like to think that I've had some pretty great sushi in the past, but this is now high on my list of favorites.

We got up for a bit to look at the art pieces displayed around the venue which was a unique touch to the evening but really added to the experience.

My wife loved it which of course made me happy and we are both thinking about going back soon. Can't recommend this experience enough!

- Georges Leroux

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Recommended by a friend and he was right on point food was outstanding, especially the sushi,
I would definitely recommend anyone who loves a japanese - fusion style cuisine and great ambience to try it out.

coming back for sure !!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

i can't believe i just found this place. Once you walk in you see these beautiful exotic ancient door s and status makes you feel like entering a different world. we walked around and the venue was huge and there was a private party going on in back of the gallery. we went up to the bar and had the great martini sour raspberry which was recommended by a bartender. was very good. we were seated by hosted she explained a little bit about the venue and the food which was very nice. we ordered a couple of apps with a salad. orange blossom salad was big enough for both of us to share and was so delicious with tofu and lots of nuts in it. Tuna sashimi with balsamic reduction was very different and great as well. as a main we had a couple of their signature rolls, spicy beef roll and red velvet roll. my favourite was red velvet which has red turn and tomato topped on a roll. was so different and refreshing. the price is reasonable for 2ppl. Food and service was great. i would definately go back with another friends. great place for dinner and lounging on the weekend.

1  Thank Jessica R
Reviewed October 10, 2013

six of us went out for my spouse's birthday dinner. The atmosphere and dinner were excellent, including the service. If you like seafood, this is a excellent choice