“One of best in Toronto”

Ranked #73 of 190 Dessert in Toronto
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Hotel Gelato is a friendly, sophisticated neighbourhood spot where you can meet friends, treat the family or just kick back with great meal, coffee, cup of gelato or even a cocktail. We offer Breakfast, Lunch, Weekend Brunch and off site gelato catering.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We live in the area and go out to lunch nearly every day. We have been to many many restaurants in the area and by far Hotel Gelato is one of the very best. We love the Cobb salad, the espresso is excellent. Staff are always friendly and attentive.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

What a surprise!
I don't even like Gelato but the quality and flavors took my breath away. I have now been back about 4 times in the last two weeks. I especially love the Salt Caramel.
The restaurant is quaint but casual.
Try it out, you'll love it.
It's on Eglinton between Bathurst and Avenue Rd. on the north side.
Enjoy.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Had the salmon eggs Benedict. It came on a fried potato cake instead of an English muffin...highly recommended! Coffee was great too.

1  Thank Kyle S
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I'm rating Hotel Gelato as 'excellent', because they try hard and get just about everything right. Needless to say, the Gelato is incredible and worthy of competing in Florence, no less. The food is also very tasty and fresh, the presentation lovely, and the atmosphere festive. What a great neighbourhood addition, and I wouldn't hesitate to bring a visiting friend or relative here. Yum.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I've been to this restaurant for brunch/lunch about half a dozen times. I've had a few dishes and I can tell you that the ricotta lemon pancakes are worth the drive from pretty much anywhere! Always delicious. I found that some of their egg dishes are good...sometimes, dry other times. I usually enjoy the one with the cheese and spinach but the last time it was dry.

I've had the gelato only once and it was very good.

One thing it does have going for it is a great vibe. The decor is lovely. The seating is comfortable and the service is usually quite good.

Been to Hotel Gelato? Share your experiences!