“Absolutely delicious, great service!”
Review of Hotel Gelato

Hotel Gelato
Ranked #67 of 124 Coffee & Tea in Toronto
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Hotel Gelato is a friendly, sophisticated neighbourhood spot where you can meet friends, treat the family or just kick back with great meal, coffee, cup of gelato or even a cocktail. We offer Breakfast, Lunch, Weekend Brunch and off site gelato catering.
Toronto
“Absolutely delicious, great service!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The kids loved the gelato at Hotel Gelato so we've often dropped in after dinner or in the late afternoon. We strode right through the cafe area to the gelato bar and right back out again after we were served.

Then a friend suggested we meet there for lunch. I ordered the salad nicoise. Wow! The best salad niçoise I have EVER had. The perfect blend of flavours with greens, beans, tomatoes, boiled egg, tuna, and itty-bitty olives, and a touch of dressing.

Our family went there for mother's day and ordered lemon ricotta pancakes (delish), salad niçoise (naturally), the smoked salmon benedict sorta dish, and baked eggs. Fresh orange juice and excellent cappuccino topped it off. The portions are perfect. You leave feeling satisfied, not stuffed.

Haven't tried the desserts (aside from the fab gelato). Somehow, what's on offer doesn't appeal, and some of the (huge) portions (such as bread pudding) seem our of sync with their sensible portions for meals, gelato, and some of the cookies on offer.

What makes this place special (besides the food and the gelato) is the staff. Unfailingly friendly and polite, happy to make recommendations and accommodate special requests. Having been to my fair share of local restaurants where the staff is abrupt, rude, slow or incompetent, a casual lunch or teatime with competent, friendly staff is a pleasure.

• Visited August 2013

Aix-en-Provence, France
“THE best dark chocolate sorbet in town!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wonderful choice of home made ice creams and sorbets.
Some gluten free pastries and very tasty tarts...
Also good salads to share with friends at lunch time.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A Cafe in Paris That is Just Around the Corner from Your House”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Every single experience that I have had at Hotel Gelato has been a memorable one. I first started going there when they had just introduced their breakfast/brunch menu. I ordered the baked eggs! When the dish came to my table my mouth immediately started watering. The presentation was wonderful, the smell was intoxicating and the taste... the taste was marvelous. the glutton in me wanted to order 3 more baked eggs. The atmosphere made me want to stay even longer as I felt like I was in a little cafe, tucked away in Paris. I expected to look out the window and see the Eifel Tower across the way. The music is soothing, the decorations add to the effect and the owners are amazing.
A side bar on the owners, they are beyond friendly, they treat you as if they have known you for years. They are sure to remember your name and your order so that when you come back you are greeted with a warm smile and a friendly hello. No matter how busy they are they will always take the time to come and have a nice little chat with you to catch up. On a nice summer day, they will entice you with a new flavor of Gelato that just completes your stay.
The waitstaff are incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and like the owners, strive to remember your name, order and where you like to sit.
Since I started going there, they have transitioned from Gelato, to Breakfast, to Lunch and now finally an all-inclusive dinner.
If I could have every single meal of the day at Hotel Gelato, I would die a happy woman.
I encourage all of you who have wondered if they should try it or have walked past it and looked in with curiosity, to take the time and go inside, even if it is for just a quick coffee, you will not be disappointed and will want to stay.

• Visited March 2013