“Flavourful”

Sabai Sabai Kitchen and Bar
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Sabai Sabai Kitchen & Bar serves up deliciously authentic tapas style dishes from Northern Thailand and Laos in a relaxed, cool and casual setting. Enjoy Asian inspired cocktails and popular dishes such as crispy fried fish with tamarind sauce or the signature Khao Soi noodles with a cold BeerLao at the only restaurant in Canada exclusively importing this Laotian favourite.
Mississauga, Canada
“Flavourful”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was caught off guard when I tried the tom ka soup as rich flavours burst inside my mouth. The taste of tamarind, lemongrass, cilantro and kafir leaves were very distinct yet seemed to be in a perfect balance. The creamy coconut milk was the perfect base for this soup. I would be glad to have one big bowl of that soup for my entire meal.

I also ordered the crispy fish with tamarind sauce for my main. It was also good but my taste buds was longing for more tom ka soup. I would reverse the order next time and start with the crispy fish then finish it with tom ka soup.

Visited April 2014

Toronto, Canada
“First Time Having Thai”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My best friend took me here for my first Thai restaurant meal. The food was so delicious - hot and very flavourful! We got the green papaya salad, green fish curry, beef salad, stir fry eggplant and a side of brown rice. The staff was very tenantive and gave us excellent recommendations. It was a busy place with a great atmosphere - cool music which was not too loud! Would 100% recommend to a friend, who has eaten a lot of Thai food (like my best friend) or someone like myself who has never been before! Bravo!

South Porcupine, Ontario, Canada
“Fun Atmosphere & Great Food”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I have visited Sabai Sabai three times - most recently twice within the last week. I have had great experiences at this restaurant. The atmosphere is lively and fun, and I love the tapas sharing style. I wouldn't exactly call myself a Thai food expert (however I have travelled before in Thailand) however, I would have to say that I find the food to be flavourful and delicious. Nice choices on the menu. We really enjoyed a couple of Thai curries, the papaya and beef salads, and the eggplant dish. Actually it is the best eggplant dish I have ever tasted. Service is good and friendly. I also appreciate how this restaurant has interesting LOCAL wine selections and was surprised to see one of my favourite small wineries in NOTL called "Between the Lines" featured at a reasonable price point. Will definitely return and my out-of-town guests were both very impressed. Thanks Sabai Sabai.

Scunthorpe
“Fantastic food, service and ambience”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We dined there 11 July. The food and service were great. We had been in Toronto one week and this was the best meal and best value that we had experienced. Getting carried away by the moment we booked the next night. We came back on 12 July (our last night in town) and ordered totally different items off the menu and it was as good if not better than the previous night. Diners you will not be disappointed but you best book as they were queuing for tables as we came out.

Barichara, Colombia
“small venue on church, just below dundas - good thai choice”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

if you have a small appetite but good taste buds, you will not be disappointed - i went solo, so i ate at the bar and i ordered soup and their veggies side orders: three of them, and it was a decent meal, good savors.