“Great Staycation”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great Staycation”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Decided to take my husband out for his birthday at the Spa and he loved it. I have been to the Sillwater and Ritz Carlton and what I like about this place is the co-ed lounge in the pool and hot tub section. The massage was not bad, that is because we have our own regular masseuse that we go to.

PRO: Valet service parking at pro rated of $15 for 4 hours. Birthday cake after his massage. Facility was clean and had unlimited towels. The steam room was very roomy and loved the eucalyptus scent. Lotions, mouthwash, etc were all available. The massage rooms were large and the beds were warm. The Spa was clean. The service was professional, although there was some miscommunication upon arrival.

CON: There is a limited number of snacks such as biscotti and fruits. There is no menu of food to order from.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank NickyandMichael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Toronto
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Exactly what I would expect from Four Seasons”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

As a treat for my boyfriend and I, I booked us some time at the new Four Seasons spa. It is as wonderful as expected and was very busy. I didn't much like the pool and hot tub area - it is designed for hotel guests and didn't seem to be that relaxing to me but the steam room in the change rooms and the whole waiting area was great.

My service was wonderful too. Only problem is that I asked for a scalp massage to be added to my service and it didn't happen! But I can overlook that.

It will be a toss up the next time I book - Four Seasons or Miraj Hammam at Shangri La.

Visited April 2014
Vancouver, Canada
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“Attractive setting misses the mark on service”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

An unfriendly greeter made us feel not quite welcome as we entered. That set the mood. Then wandering around, not sure where things were, asking for an extra towel, but not receiving it, not sure where to wait for services, and limited mirrors in the change rooms made it tricky to negotiate the spa experience. Individual services were excellent, so it is not a staff thing, it is a management thing.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank sola123
“Bliss!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband I escaped this endless winter by hiding out at the Four Seasons Spa for the day. It was pure bliss from beginning to end.

We opted to have the Cultural Mosaic of Canada retreat which included a foot bath, Indian Head Massage, Asian fusion massage, and Classic European Facial. Each treatment was impeccable, and the therapists were friendly and highly skilled. It was the most decadent spa experience we have ever had!

I cannot rave enough about this spa, its staff and services. We will definitely be returning and recommending this spa to our friends and family.

Visited December 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Massage & Facial”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I will start by saying that I had the best massage of my life at the FS Toronto. Incredible. Words can't really describe how good it was but i've had massages at top hotels in Asia and North America and this was by far the best.

The reason I am giving 4 out of 5 stars is the following:
1) Upon checking in I was not provided with a tour. I was just showed my locker. I was left to figure out where the steam room, pool etc...were located. This lack of attention is very rare for a FS.
2) There is water, biscotti, and tea. I asked whether there was any milk for my black tea (the only teabags they had left in the selection box) and I was provided with a flat NO buy one of the ladies locker room attendants. Also, very rare for a FS. Even at the Stillwater down the street one can get milk for their tea!
3) The waiting area where I was waiting for my treatments turned out not to be the area for me to wait in -- could have been circumvented in Point 1.

So all in all I would go back but I'll bring my milk and GPS with me next time.

Visited March 2014