“Still The Best Gourmet Burger In Town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Richmond Station

Richmond Station
Ranked #5 of 8,439 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, International, European, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Richmond Station is a stopping place, a bustling neighbourhood restaurant in the downtown core. We are committed to delicious food and excellent hospitality.
London, United Kingdom
“Still The Best Gourmet Burger In Town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Richmond Station was the first restaurant we went to on our return to Toronto and we didn't need to look at the menu as we knew we were going to have the burger - it's THAT good.

We weren't disappointed, the rich and flavorful beef was so tasty and we can't wait for our next visit.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Brian L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
“Make your reservation for a great meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

If visiting Toronto, make sure to get your reservation in advanced for a meal at Richmond Station. Great flavors and presentation without being pretentious. It's a smaller restaurant so plan ahead! Also, get there a few minutes early because the entrance doesn't stand out... had to call for exact location and I was standing 20 yards away, but with this rep and business who needs a flashy entrance? :-)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Greg G
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Went to Richmond Station with my husband for my birthday. We had the Chef's Table which is a row of seats looking into the immaculate kitchen. To drink we had a 1/2 bottle of the Cremant D'Alsace which was soo good I took a picture of the menu and am trying to find it at the LCBO. We had the halibut croquettes and beef carpaccio special to start, the croquettes with garlic aioli were incredibly good, I wish I had an extra order. The beef carpaccio was okay, not something I would recommend. We also had the roasted carrot salad - amazing! I had the potato and ramp perogies in the beet horseradish puree - these were incredible and came in a huge serving. My husband had the Mahi Mahi with North African spices and loved it. I was stuffed by desert but my husband had the Saffron Pudding and enjoyed it. Highly, highly recommend and cannot wait to go back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TorontoFoodie1
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not what I expected for the #1 restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stopped by Richmond Station for a quick lunch based off it being rated #1 on trip advisor. The food was pretty good but not for the price and it was hardly the best food we had in toronto. We are not picky eaters and are typically wow-ed by most meals. The waitress stopped by to take our order (didn't explain anything or point out the additional menu on the board) and only returned to give us our check, never checking to see how we were doing. The ambiance was nice and the restaurant looked really trendy.

We ordered the strawberry lemonade, the stn burger, and the beef ravioli. The strawberry lemonade was really tart and we barely even drank it. The stn burger was good but definitely not worth it for a 20 dollar burger. It was quite small and didn't have a lot of flavor. If I went again I definitely would have ordered something else. The beef ravioli was the highlight of the meal. It had a great blend of ingredients and flavors. The beef was tender and the pasta tasted fresh.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Daniel C
Charlottetown, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorable dining experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was visiting Toronto coming from PEI for a culinary competition. I had asked my chef a good place to eat in Toronto and this is what he recommended. We called for reservations that day and we got in. (Probably from a small connection with the chef). When we came in we the hostess was very friendly. I went with three others. We ordered the charcuterie board for a starter. This was accompanied by fresh bread with amazing crust. After we had our starter the chef made a surprise course which was fresh pasta in a seasoned cream sauce with shitaki mushrooms. It made your mouth water just looking at it. For a main course I ordered the the halibut dish. It was cooked very well, nice and fleshy and not chewy and seasoned well. The halibut came in a bowl of some sort of jus and mixed veg. It was all delish. unfortunately I did not get to try the dessert as we made plans to get dessert somewheres else but they all sounded amazing. The service throughout the meal was top notch. The kitchen is an open kitchen and you can watch the cooks; cook your food, I don't know how the cooks feel about that but it was really cool to see. The best thing about the whole meal was the house made cured meats. The prices were also very good for the quality of ingredients and execution. Definitely going back next time I visit Toronto.

• Visited June 2014