“One of the best!”

Ranked #4 of 8,897 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Richmond Station is a stopping place, a bustling neighbourhood restaurant in the downtown core. We are committed to delicious food and excellent hospitality.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went with a group of 9 and tried the Chef's tasting menu and was not disappointed. Consider this one of my all-time favourite dine out meals and can't wait to go back. Staff were great and hats off to the chef!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,675)

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Me and my partner are visiting from Scotland and decided we wanted to eat somewhere close to the hotel because of the bad weather. We were pleasantly surprised to see such a highly rated restaurant so close to the hotel.

We received a warm welcome and were seated nice and quickly. Our server was fab- she was so warm and friendly (I have forgotten her name- sorry!)

Food wise- the food was fresh- well prepared and delicious. It was also a nice touch to see both servers and chefs taking food out the kitchen and talking over the dish. They take great pride in their produce- and rightfully so.

When the server found out it was our first time in Canada- she gave us a list of nice places to go.

Really impressed with the experience overall. Great concept and even better service. Well done to them :)

1  Thank Steven C
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Ok, I will admit to being late to the dance on this one. Perhaps it is because it is neither the flavour of the month or a long-standing classic. I regularly eat out all over Toronto, and I consider this one of my "five best" restaurants in town.

I knew this ranked high on TripAdvisor, but so what. A lot of people seem to dole out glowing reviews like candy at Halloween on all sorts of average places, and it is not uncommon to get fatigued seeing first-class restaurants outranked by lesser places that happen to have really good shawarma or fish tacos.

Richmond Station is a few steps west of Yonge Street on Richmond, convenient to downtown businesses and hotels. It has a bistro feel that is classy, yet not pretentious. The place functions equally well as a special occasion meal, or simply a night out with friends or colleagues. It is not super eclectic or "out there" in terms of crazy food choices, nor is it old school formal. Choose somewhere else for that.

While it does have its specials on a chalkboard (every wanna be cool place in Toronto has a menu, wine list, or something on a chalkboard), the space is modern with high ceilings. It can get loud, but amazingly, not in a way you can't hear yourself talk or think.

The food here is excellent. They have classic dishes (from burgers to seafood plates) that are prepared in creative ways. I had a scallop plate that was served with Israeli couscous, cauliflower, a purée, and lime juice that was out of this world. For dessert I had "movie snacks", which included a cola flavoured wafer, popcorn ice cream, a twizzlers purée, and chocolate. It was wonderful.

The service here is very good as well. They have a nice wine list and cocktail menu too.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We came to Richmond Station with a group of 7, and despite the fact that I originally reserved for the wrong evening and 'no-showed' on my reservation, they went out of their way to squeeze us in on a Friday night with short notice. That's top caliber guest treatment, since some restaurants will black ball you for such a faux pas.
We ordered almost every appetizer both on list and featured that evening with an assortment of mains between us and all the desserts. Absolutely everything spot on with amazing flavors and fresh top quality ingredients. Obviously there is a bucket-load of talent in that kitchen. An amazing value if you realize what you are getting.
We came in with family, which included a 4, 10 and 12 year old (who ate things they normally wouldn't, just because it all tasted so damn good). We didn't see any other young ones there but didn't feel one bit out of place.
The service was friendly, attentive and comfortable from entrance to departure, resulting a really feel good experience.
Your a lucky town Toronto to have gained this delicious gem of a restaurant. Way to go Richmond Station - you rock.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Despite it's already high Trip Advisor rating, this spot managed to exceed my expectations! Don't let the very unassuming location and exterior fool you - inside its half "cool diner" and half "eclectic" bistro with an open kitchen. There are numerous good wines by the glass and by the old "half" carafe - something that is getting harder and harder to find.The Lobster Rolls with Peanut Sauce and the Special Salad of the Day were fresh and served quickly and efficiently. My medium rare Angus Steak was prepared to perfection and my wife's Fish of the Day and accompaniments were likewise. A word to the romantics - it is busy, bustling, and boarders on noisy! - but the food will more than compensate! Desserts were light and flavourful especially their version of an Apple Crumble. Service was excellent.