“Awesome meal”

Ranked #4 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Richmond Station is a stopping place, a bustling neighbourhood restaurant in the downtown core. We are committed to delicious food and excellent hospitality.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Nine of us went here for dinner on Friday night and had an excellent meal. To start my husband and I shared the charcuterie platter, which to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with as I found the meats to be rather common and I really disliked the summer sausage. The mustards on the plate seemed store bought and there was no cheese to accompany the meats. I wouldn't order this again as it was such a let down. The pate and the Kimchi Sweet Potato chips made up for it though...both of these were outstanding! I had the burger as my main and my husband had the guinea foul special and we loved both of our dishes. I think that the kitchen forgot our pate order, as our mains arrived just as we finished it (another couple at the table also ordered the same appetizers as us - we shared the kimchi dish - and their pate also came out late) and I could have used a few minutes to let that digest before starting into my next course. No one had dessert as we were really full, but the ones at the table next to us looked very good and had I had room I would have indulged for sure! I would definitely come back to Richmond Station again as I found it moderately priced and I liked the atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Richmond Station

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was a fantastic night out and meal! My teenage son and I were in Toronto from NYC for one night only and a colleague recommended Richmond Station for dinner. We sat the Chef's Table and had a most special evening. First of all, the staff is lovely, accommodating, friendly and this started with the first response on email to my reservation inquiry and lasted through to the last moment. The food was beyond delicious. We enjoyed every single bite. One of those meals where if you had time and a bigger stomach you would do it all over again immediately. The space is very low-key, appealing, friendly in it's décor. But the best part was being at the Chef's Table and watching the kitchen in action as we ate. It was really a "dinner and a show" as we joked. And then, of all marvelous things, the Chef asked us if we would like a tour of the kitchen! This was an amazing opportunity. I have never been inside a working professional kitchen and my son certainly never had been. We saw the butcher room, the space where meats are cured, (delicious by the way), and had time to speak personally with this wonderful young Chef and restaurant owner. A really special treat. If we lived in Toronto, I think we would be at this place weekly. I highly recommend for any kind of night out - casual, a celebration, dates, with family....it's a winner!!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We went here for a nice dinner out and were seated at the 'Chef's table' which is a long bar right in front of the kitchen. It was cool and reassuring to watch the food being made but the bar-style table wasn't super conducive to conversation. However, the chefs served us themselves, which was cool.
We ordered a sweet potato tempura with kimchi sauce for an appetizer, which was excellent. I got the perogies (also yummy but a bit steep price-wise for 5 perogies). My fiance got the burger and fries, which he said was excellent. They didn't skimp on the fries and it came with a delicious dijon-mayo dip.
Overall, a very good meal but it is pricier than the types of places we usually go. Wish we could have sampled the desserts!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The smoked trout was amazing. Silky and flavourful, perfect texture. One of the best dishes I've ever had in Toronto. At $27 it seems a bit expensive for one dish but I would definitely order it again. Awesome desserts too.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This small restaurant located on Richmond Street in Toronto has the best polenta fries you will ever have. It also has the best burgers. But what's special about the restaurant is the chief's table. You might have to get on a waiting list to get seated here but it's worth it. The chief is young but very talented and it's an experience to watch him create. Definitely a must try if you are in the city.