“Simply amazing”

Ranked #4 of 8,898 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Richmond Station is a stopping place, a bustling neighbourhood restaurant in the downtown core. We are committed to delicious food and excellent hospitality.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We booked this restaurant on the day and they were very accommodating, finding us a table. The food and service was simply amazing. The stand out dishes for me were the trout and the chocolate sorbet. If you can get a table you must go. Reasonably priced for what you get as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,675)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We are visiting from Texas and chose this place over room service tonight. One of the best decisions ever. Seriously, we have traveled the world eating at great places and this one is at the top of the charts. No, this is not some stuffy over done 100 year old place that lets you down. This is a great modern simple creative fantastic delicious place that you will remember. We love our burgers from Texas, but their burger was worth the price with short rib meat in the center. Wow. A new twist and one we will try to duplicate at home with brisket. Drinks were great. Everything made in house. Amazing creativity. Service was off the chart. We sat at the kitchen view seating. Amazing. Oysters, fantastic....and we have lived in DC and Seatle. Don't skip desert or the cocktails. We will be missing this place when we leave. Can't say enough. We had the only kids there, but they behaved so well they got a kitchen tour.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I thought I've been to the very best of Toronto. Everything from entering the restaurant welt warm and welcoming. I ordered the beet salad and it was the best by far I've had! It had flavours that never thought be in salad. For the main I had steak and fries, oh my, oh my.. So amazing. I sat at the bar which is kind of different .. A walk around high table..

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is one of those rare places that can be recommended without hesitation. The food, service, atmosphere and creativity all combine to provide a truly memorable dining experience.

Deep fried polenta sticks, keep them coming! Chilled aspargus soup that tantalizes the eyes with a deep green glow as well as the palate with its refreshing silky finish. If I could have asked for seconds on the chicken leg confit, I would have gladly done. The chef more than proving that chicken can be the star of the menu. Pork five ways with each done to perfection. A peanut butter bar desert that was art on the plate and the palate.

Richmond Station is not to be missed.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have eaten twice at Richmond Station recently. The first time we sat at the back where I had a view of the open kitchen. I had the halibut special which was absolutely amazing. One of the best halibut dishes I have had. My dining companion had the pasta with mushrooms. Prices were reasonable, service was excellent and the atmosphere was great. The second visit we sat at the bar and had a great time again. I had the soft shell crab special and it was very good but not as good as the halibut special. My dining companion had the oricete with home made sausage and she really enjoyed it. Would definitely go back again.